Web Scraping

Hi there,
I did some web scraping and generated a table. I then wrote it in a csv filed but the saved file comes up empty when I opened it. There’s probably something I’m dong wrong and I need your help. Thanks

Hi Sam,

Check first if your datatable is empty.
Output Data Table → the output is a String variable that you could use into a Write Line/Message box activity.

Hi Sam,

You should try what ovi has proposed.
On top of that, I would suggest that you make sure the DataTable variable is initialize before the scrapping. This means that a default for a New DataTable value exists in the variable.

Hi @Sam316,

Well , you mentioned you have done some web scrapping and generated a Table - Data Table.

Lets give this Datatable a name - lets say - DT_Web_In

Now , Could you please try to use , Excel Application Scope Activity and specify the Directory of Excel File in which u would like to have the data written.

Please launch that Excel File manually, and create a table and name the Columns.

use Write Range Activity and specify the DataTable which contains the scrapped web data contents.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response @Prashant. I tried that and it still saved an empty spreadsheet.

Hi @Sam316,

I have scrapped a table from HTML Tables.

and Result is stored in Output Datatable : ExtractDataTable

I have used Excel app scope and write range to write the data stored in Extract Data Table.

Excel file : New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xlsx (9.6 KB)

File for your reference : Main.xaml (11.0 KB)

Hope this is what u r looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like