Data Scrapping and Writing the output in a CSV

I am scrapping data from a website and want to write the output in an Excel file. After adding data scrapping activity, I add Write CSV as the next subsequent activity. I am not sure what to fill in File path and Data Table columns, to get the desired result. Also would this be enough for doing this? Or there are other activities that need to be added?

@ritiksuneja

File path : is specifying your destination path where you want to save the file
eg: “C:\Users\useName\DDesktop\filename.csv”

Data Table: is the output from satascrapping activity

hi @ritiksuneja,

Like this you have to specify it.

Regards
Balamurugan

Hello @ritiksuneja,

you can use write CSV and write range as well. have a look at below screenshot,

Write%20a%20DT

Sincerely,
Pankaj

Thanks a lot, just want to know if I have to create an empty file and save it in the specified location and it will write the scraped the data in it or it will automatically create a file in the specified location and then write the output.

Also do I need to create any variables for the same?

Hi @ritiksuneja,
You don’t want to create the empty file. If is not exists , it will create the file automatically . If it is exists, it will overwrite.

To Details :

https://activities.uipath.com/docs/write-csv-file

Regards
Balamurugan.

Its working fine, thanks a lot. Really appreciate the quick response :slight_smile:

Hi Balu,

Can we add serial numbers or Something like no result to each row if the search results no data, like i have a results of 100 to be added in excel and if there is no result for one of the search it should write empty in the row or it should leave the row empty with search number.

1. dfgdfsg
  2. dsfgdsfgfdg
  3. empty
  4. empty
  5. sdfgdfgdfgdf

because if there is no data for the search it is adding the next search results data to the csv. so if i search for 100 values and found only 80 in that there are only 80 entries in csv for which i’m unable to find which entry has no data.

Please help me.