Use Uipath as Help for human

Hi, I want to use uiPath as a helper with some automatisation, for example when I copy some information I want that uiPath make some change on it, again and again, all the time I do X action.

Or when I press for exemple F3 uiPath do something and when I press F4 uiPath do otherthings.
Is that possible? Thank you!

Hi @new24

I don’t think that kind of integration is possible with UiPath but you can make batch script to run your process and create custom keyboad shortcut to run that script.

Cheers!

1 Like

@new24
It can absolutely be done.

Use a Monitor Events activity and use a Hotkey trigger activity. Set the hotkey to F3 or F4 or whatever and invoke workflows depending on which hotkey was pressed.

1 Like

Hi @DanielMitchell

if I’m not wrong that means process must be started and then it must wait for “Hotkey trigger” in order to start executing logic.

I understood @new24 that process is not started and if we press F3 (for example) process will start and execute logic.

Cheers!

1 Like

@Nikola_Drazic
Yes, of course the process must be started.

Hi @new24

As @DanielMitchell mentioned, you can use monitoring activities to monitor the key you press and trigger a particular task to run depending on the key you press. However, i would like to ask what’s the frequency of clicking on this button? Let’s say you press F2 now and after about 5 hours you get the requirement to press F3 for some other task. if that’s the case, I would not really recommend to have monitoring jobs as it is utilizing resources unnecessarily for hours doing nothing. In such cases, you can have the processes created and keep them ready so that you can execute them only when you want.

This can be done easily if you have a Orchestrator with you. Or else, you can prepare some batch files where you can use them to run particular workflows whenever you need.

2 Likes

Thank you for all of your answer! Yes @Lahiru.Fernando yes, that’s what I’m looking for! But with Orchestrator I only have two robots, that doesn’t seem like much for help in my work/personal user. I will try with batch files.

1 Like