Unlicensed Robot - the machine key is linked to another machine

Robot is connecting with the platform orchestrator but unable to get license from available licenses.
I see in the error log:

[WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Acquire orchestrator license error: System.ServiceModel.FaultException1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: The machine key is linked to another machine!`

What should I do?

1 Like

Fine
the machine key is changed i guess
–so kindly go to ORCHESTRATOR and get the machine key of your machine from MACHINE tab
–once after that come back to your machine and open your robot tray and in that open settings and update your machine key and connect now to the orchestrator
this would work for sure

for more info onthis

kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @RajeshSwarnkar

Something I came across which I have not seen mentioned is that when the computer you are working on has a name which is too long, you need to use the shortened name as your Machine name in Orchestrator. For example: If your computer name is “VeryLongComputerName” it will be shortened by Windows to “VeryLongCompute”. You can see that if you type “whoami” into command prompt which will give you “domain/username” in which domain is your shortened computer name. If you use your full computer name as the name of your Machine in orchestrator you will have the error “The machine key is linked to another machine”.

2 Likes