Unattended License without Orchestrator

Hi all,

After reading this documentation here:

I was unsure as to whether Orchestrator is required for unattended robots. Could anyone clarify whether it’s possible to have an unattended license for studio without having Orchestrator?

I have the some question about this, can the unattended license running without Orchestrator?

Yes, it is possible to run unattended Robot without Orchestartor. If the Robot is not connected to Orchestrator, you can still license it locally: Licensing a Robot.
If you have Unattended license key, it will know to “behave” as Unattended.

If we locally licensed the Robot as Unattended, it can do work as unattended Robot without connecting to Orchestrator.
That robot can run under locked screen, but you will first have to be logged in to the Robot machine, run your process manually, then lock your screen. Also there is this possibility to run the unattended robot using command line: or schedule it using windows task scheduler.

If you connect it to Orchestrator and run through Orchestrator you won’t need to have access to the Robot machine and you can run your process(Start a Job) from anywhere.

Info Source: Front Office Robot and Back Office Robot - Updated Info 2017.1.* Onwards - #10 by ovi

4 Likes

Hi, I have installed and activated unattended bot license, but when I’m checking status. its showing like this;

License status: 1
Device id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
License expire date: 1/4/2019 11:30:00 AM
Maintenance expire date: not set
Attended: 0
Unattended: 0
Free: 0
Dev: 0
Concurrent: false

Please somebody answer me why it is showing Unattended: 0

Hi @yogesh_nagar

Did you resolve this issue? Installed the uiplatform.msi with the code and also activated the license using the cmd prompt.

Hi Ovi,
I am trying to activate the license through Orchestrator, but getting the below error.

18.4.1+Branch.master.Sha.bc66386dd8e2160b6d35f31d5ce934a5aa4cf4bd
Could not obtain license. Please check Robot connection to Orchestrator or activate a local license.

I had configured the Orchestrator with the also machine. Using the machine number to, I am able to run the robot in local and trying to activate the license through Orchestrator, but unable to.
Could you please help me.

Hi @dssingh17

Please make sure that the Robot is properly connected. The tray agent should display it like so:

Currently using the Community Cloud service but when I looked at the documentation link it spoke about a LicenseTool utility. When I checked my UIPath folder i did not find any licensetool.exe file and even when I tried to run the command to make sure it did not work. Would like to know if I did not get the license tool utility since I am using Community Cloud.

I have not used Community Cloud service so not sure about the scenario.