Unattended debugging

Hello guys,

I was wondering, can you share your experience, how do you debugg your unattended automations?
When I run my unattended robot I am immediately logged out because the robot runs on that account.

So is there any way, how to actually see what is robot doing? Or do I have to check all just in the logs?

Thanks,
Eduard.

Hey. One time I tried recording video while the job was running but that didn’t work since the robot session is blacked out when it connects and runs.

Firstly, you want to make sure you have fully tested your process in the robot environment while you are watching the job run. If you have not done this and are confident that your coding is good to go with no glitches as an attended process, then you can move to testing unattended.

If your attended tests were successful and coding is robust, you technically won’t need to troubleshoot in unattended. From my experience, after I got over these learning curves and understood how an unattended logon session works on the environment, unattended tests went very smoothly.

But, here are some tips for unattended troubleshooting.
-first need to identify where the issue is happening. If you have good logging and exception information being outputted, this will be pretty easy.
-then, you need to place a TakeScreenshot step before the error is happening… you can also publish a TakeScreenshot workflow into Orchestrator to run when jobs fail (however, if you use a good framework, failures will end up closing all applications, in which you would need to custom place a TakeScreenshot before the error)

-The screenshot will show you things like what resolution the logon session has, what size is the window you are interacting with and what elements can be seen.

-it is sometimes beneficial to start your job with a Launch Workflow Interactive to set resolution and color depth, or the newer Orchestrator can set those settings for each Robot.

-Typically, issues that you will find will be related to the following:
—Internet settings on the robot allowing for popup blocker and notifications that interrupt a step
—Browser crashes showing notification to restore which should be disabled
—Popups loading in weird sizes due to resolution and website functionality
—Windows Error reporting crashes… sometimes a challenge to get around unless you disable the service
—Elements not visible where a scroll or maximize is necessary… ideally you don’t want to code your job in a way where you need to maximize the window, but depends. Also, avoid image and text clicks as element clicks are more reliable.

Those are just a few things I can think of. The key is taking a screenshot right before the problem area.

Regards.

5 Likes

Only way is to add many logs, for each and every deviations.

1 Like

Hello @esterba,

No, we can see one way please follow below steps carefully,

1. First publish your process/automation(Keep publish number in mind),

2. Go to orchestrator i mean log in to,

3. Upload latest package in orchestrator that you recently published and select it as latest to use

4. Now Log in to Physical machine where you wanna see it.

5. Open notifications Open%20uipath%20tray

6. Open UiPath try Click%20uipath%20tray

7. Download new package by clicking on Download button and Select your process to see Select%20your%20process

This way, you can see that what’s robot executing. this will not disconnect physical machine.

Cheers,
Pankaj

1 Like

To note, you can change this by editing the UiPath.settings file located at “C:\ProgramData\UiPath”.
Change the “Logontoconsole” to false. If it is true, anytime the job runs, it will log you out.

Also, in the newer Orchestrator, you can edit the Logontoconsole setting for each Robot, while editing it.

Thanks everyone!
Eduard.