Unable to Perform 'Type into ' Activity at Oracle Application

Could you drag the Decision window to the right side , so that there is no other window beneath it, and give it a try. Try to use a Get text activity , it should work out.

If you are still facing issue , could you send me the workflow i will take a look at it.

still the same error it cannot recognize the fields

test.xaml (18.4 KB)

I found that the selectors which are having three or more layers of java tags are unable to recognized by uipath
eg.,

please provide the solution

Please find attached workflow. you would need to use Get Visible text as the Text written in fmb’s page (Oracle Forms Page) is not displayed native text.

Also , when providing the selector , select the full Form “Submit Request” Form, also ensure that the Decision box is inside it , Ref screenshot below.

This will capture all the text visible on the window , including the request ID. Then you would need to use Substring to retrieve the request ID ,

Attached workflow does substring as well. Modify the substring Length val to make it generic …

Main.xaml (8.4 KB)

thanks for sharing your approach, but is this only way to handle the popups?

yes , as far as i have seen , if your text is embedded in oracle forms page (the text is displayed in line and cannot be read natively) , then the above method is the most reliable.

Although if you have a Oracle forms Text field , or a Oracle forms label , for eg , in above screen shot , maybe the “Program name” - label and its value "the concurrent Program name " , you can directly read these values.

Alternatively (i would consider this more efficient ), some of these things you can do via a DB Query, In this case , once you submit the request , you could do a query on fnd_concurrent_requests table , and check for programs submitted by you recently, that would give you the request ID , and by querying the table you would also be able to keep track of the concurrent program status …

I have a similar situation where I am facing issue to add the value to popup window. My job is to click the Find button and once the pop up window appears, add the user name value and enter to get the value populated. However I am unable to add use name to Find field. Please advise

instead of using the find window , i would suggest you to do a F11 , Ctrl+F11 , on the Users screen.
Let me explain ,

1. Once you open the Users screen , use "Send hot key " to do a F11 ,
    this ways the form opens in Query mode ,

2. Type in the Username Field - use “Type into” , but dont give in any selectors , Since the cursor would be in username field , type into would type the username in the correct field.

3. Again use Send hot key and do Ctrl +F11 - This would Query the form and you and would return the result in the Form.

Let me know if this works out.

I am facing similar issue, i was not able to do any kind of action like get text, click, find element or any other activity is not working with this pop-up but rest of the oracle system is working fine. I used attach window activity also but it didn’t worked. So please if any one had any other solution help me out.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to read the content from the Error Dialog box , try using get visible text and point to the Retirements from , and use string manupulation to retrive the APP* error message.
– for this ref solution suggested above

Once you have read the message , you can either do a enter via send hotkey or press “O” via send hot key , both of these would close the dialog box …

Thanks for the quick response, I tried Get visible text but it is not working.

If I point Ui Explorer on the pop up i am getting this message.

have a look at this workfllow , and try accordingly , it should be able to read all the contents from the form , and then we would need to do string operations to retrive the error message .

Also the selector should be the full form window , and the error box should be inside the form window …

Hi Suman,

Still, there is no way found to read the popup window content or handle based on a selector.
You can read the content from the window and slipt the string based on Error keyword and perform the operation.

Thanks
Vivek S.

There are many other activities that cannot be performed in UiPath. Specific to Oracle EBS Application mentioned below -

1. Unable to find selectors inside Java Applet.
  2. Unable to Write to text field eventhough correct selectors found.(Type into activity)
  3. Sometimes activities are skipped and error is thrown at next activity stage.

Any Help on this…

Is there any chance we can get a sample of this app?

Please see the attached screenshot…

@sai.kiran Thanks for the info. I am using Studio 2018.2.3 and it seems, I can type into the fields and also click the button. But it is working in Active mode (not background mode).
When the Send Window Message property of type or click is enabled, it behaves abruptly.

Doing an automation in the oracle apps forms as simulating like a person would have done just with the keyboard, is a tedious and not reliable until we can use the selectors. i am exploring more into it and keep you posted.

Also please put your valuable findings here.

1 Like

Totally agree… and i can also find desired selectors of oracle ebs application after upgrading uipath to 2018.2.3.
But yes, in the background we cannot type/click on the elements i.e. it is unable to execute simulate type/simulate click options in properties pane.

Keep posting and i’ll do the same…

Some news here? i’m facing the same issues in background mode with Oracle Forms.

@morfilio use the Type into action but don’t indicate a screen selector, this will enter the text you want in the most active window. I’ve just tried it with my Oracle form process and it does work

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi,
I am working on Oracle Application automation. I am struggling with saving attachments. When I save an attachment from IE popup and come back, I am unable to navigate to the next record using the down arrow hot key. Any idea??

Thanks