Unable to fetch table data from web application

Hi Team,

Need your help here. We are working on a web application where we need to fetch the data from a section which is in the form of table. We are unable to fetch all the data using data scraping. We want only 3 column data values from the whole table.
For ex: If 200 records are present , only top 50 of them are fetched. There is only 1 page on the screen.
Also observed that when we try to scroll down the page, and try to spy and highlight the row values, then only some of the data gets fetched. We can’t keep on scrolling and do a data scraping. Seems that there are multiple tables enclosed in the div tag. How do we proceed ahead ?

Regards,
Sagar J

@sagarjb I have faced this issue few months ago. I resolved with “Get Text Activity” for every required data by making dynamic selectors for required number of rows over loop.
you can try this one.
Thanks

Hello @sagarjb

If you are using Table extraction, is it not fetching the entire data in the table?

If not just inspect on 2 rows in the table and find any attributes like rowNum or idx which gives you the row number.

If you find it you can use a for each loop and then use Get text activity by dynamically changing the selector.

Thanks

Hi @sagarjb

Welcome to Uipath community

Could you send error screenshot or web page link.

Try with Screen scrapping

Regards
Gokul

Hey Raja,

Actually the thing is, i can use the dynamic selectors but it will work only for the first few records. For ex 50 records. If I try iterating for fetching the 51st record, it will fail. When I manually scroll down the page where the 51st record is visible, and again start iterating it will be able to fetch the next set of records, for ex: 51st to may be 80th . Again if i scroll down, and start the loop it will fetch the remaining one’s. But this is not a feasible option though.

Hey Rahul,

Its not fetching the entire table. May be its not considering it as a table.
I can use the dynamic selectors but it will work only for the first few records. For ex 50 records. If I try iterating for fetching the 51st record, it will fail. When I manually scroll down the page where the 51st record is visible, and again start iterating it will be able to fetch the next set of records, for ex: 51st to may be 80th . Again if i scroll down, and start the loop it will fetch the remaining one’s. But this is not a feasible option though.

Hi Gokul,

I tried with screen scraping too but no luck. For the error- it says could not find the element after it iterates through certain number of records.

Can you share the screenshot of the error and website screen shot.

If possible share us the website URL @sagarjb

Hi,

I have inspected the whole row from developer tool(F12) in chrome. Please find below the table values for each record. I have observed that the data-record index is getting changed for every row(Highlighted in yellow)- Screenshot 2 for reference.

But I am unable to select the whole row using Uipath. I tried to add data-record index=”0” in the selector editor, but it’s not even validating. Its just showing in the properties explorer but not in the selector editor.

There is an outerhtml property too which gives info on the whole row. But unable to use it in the selector editor. PFA Screenshot 1 for reference:

The records are inside the DIV tag, hence not considering it as a table.

Screenshot 3 will give info on the records which are at the end.

Hello @sagarjb

Can you get the total number of rows somewhere inthe page???

If yes, you can use that as a limiy for the loop. If not aailable you will have to make some conditions to check the element exist for next row, if not existing then use mouse scroll.

After yhat also if you are not able to find then it will be the end of the page.

Thanks

Hi Rahul,

I won’t be able to find the total number of rows here. I have inspected the whole row from developer tool(F12) in chrome. Please find below the table values for each record. I have observed that the data-record index is getting changed for every row(Highlighted in yellow)- Screenshot 2 for reference.

But I am unable to select the whole row using Uipath. I tried to add data-record index=”0” in the selector editor, but it’s not even validating. Its just showing in the properties explorer but not in the selector editor.

There is an outerhtml property too which gives info on the whole row. But unable to use it in the selector editor. PFA Screenshot 1 for reference:

The records are inside the DIV tag, hence not considering it as a table.

Screenshot 3 will give info on the records which are at the end.

Screenshot3