Unable to connect to orchestrator

Hi Folks,

I installed uipath community edition(UiPathStudioSetup.exe) on my PC as an administrator and whenever I try to connect to orchestrator, I get “A task was canceled” and status remains Offline(on hovering I get “Not connected to Orchestrator”). I previously was able to connect, I am not sure what happened all of a sudden. From yesterday I am unable to connect. Below are the troubleshooting steps I have tried but to no use.

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling
  2. As this is my personal PC and I am connected to unrestricted home network, so firewall is definitely not an issue.
  3. On going through all topics regarding this issue on forum, some suggested to stop uirobot service but when I check I do not start such service at all.

Please suggest how do I resolve this as I am unable to complete practical certification due to this.

uipath%20robot%20error

In Orchestrator—>Robots—>[ Try to change the type of your Robot from “Development” to “NonProduction”]
Then try to connect again.

Since mine is community edition, I can only keep it as “Development”, it is not allowing me to select anything other than that.

Hi @rashid,
Would you mind to let me know if you resolved this?

Probable causes of this error :

1. Robot Key is not same in Orchestrator and Robot Tray Settings. Please verify the same. Connecting Robots to Orchestrator
  2. Proxy settings : If you have proxy enabled then please refer to link Redirecting Robots through a Proxy Server for set-up.

Was this resolved? I am having the same issue as mentioned in the original post.

For those who are here with the same issue. It looks as if the asset/credentials goes down after a specified amount of time on a daily basis.
I try to disconnect/connect and see if that works or i will just wrap up for the day and continue the next day. Works all the time.