Unable to click proper selector on ie

Yes we have same version of uipath now , problem is if i am conneting with diffrenet session id and running script it is not working .
u can check screenshots which i shared .

If all software versions are the same and it works under one login but not another you’ll have to identify what’s different between the two logins.

There is something changing on the selector. It happens. For example we ran into this with ServiceNow. On Dev, the selector would work and in Prod it would fail. We discovered that the report was sorted in the reverse order and the css class had changed leading to a failure.

So yes, as posted up on this thread, css selectors are unreliable. Please do make it a habit to inspect your selectors fully before commiting to them .

If you inspect the selector in UiExplorer, do you see any unselected attributes that you could use? Usually grid selections will have row and column position values. In your case, it might be possible to use these if the position you are selecting data from is fixed.

Last option (avoid if possible) are hotkeys. Can you perform the select using hotkeys ? This will depend on your application.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Through hotkeys it is not possible.
Even i am not using any css in selector , selector also shows validated but it is not able to capture exact element.it select /goes little above or every click i am doing on page. that is the issue.

That highlight box isn’t really an issue. I’ve seen it be a little offset but everything works fine. It’s just an issue with the highlight.

Post your selector, Click activity properties, etc

same selector when i login same session with other login

Same browser, same browser version, same screen resolution?

That is a cosmetic thing .

Did you try this? If your highlight works , then can you capture that selector into an element variable?

Then in the actual operation, use the element object instead of the selector?

While in the session in which the click activity is not working, try to indicate element again just for one click activity and then send the new selector screenshot.

yes same browser and version

Hello @Mathkar_kunal

Thank you for your inquiry.

What about injecting a JS ? have you tried to do that, it is pretty simple. You can find information [here ([SOLVED] Inject Js Script - return value as a parameter) and here

Also can you please share the surrounding structure of this element using F12 in the browser? perhaps we can click a parent!?

just to bring it to the table I believe that you should talk to your supervisor about IE automation since according to this
the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will be retired and go out of support on June 15, 2022, for certain versions of Windows 10 .

Regards,
Please mark this answer as your solution if this helped you to resolve your issue…
Happy Automation !!!

Hi,

not understood , why there is need to use js ?

Can you please open UiPath Explorer tool and select that element once from each of the two sessions and post those screen shots here? The selector editor in studio may not be showing all unselected attributes.

Thanks

1 Like

Oh, I see please read the links I put you on the descriptions and also please help us by adding the screenshot I asked for the html structure.

regards,