Unable to change variable values when debugging

Hi,

I created a project with C# but I am unable to change the variables in Local panel.
This behaviour is not shown when in projects with VB language.
I am wondering if anyone experience the same problem?
Thank you.

HI,

Which version of Studio do you use? In my environment (Studio23.10.3), there seems no problem.

Regards,

Hello Yoichi,

Thank you for your reaction on my post. I am using the version 2023.4.2 Enterprise License. I could edit the value, but after pressing the “OK” button, the value would not change. it keeps back to the original value. In my case, I wanted to change the variable shouldStop to “true”, so that it would go to End Process, but I just cannot do it. This issue slow my debugging process. Can you replicate the problem at your end? Thank you for your help.

Hi,

Did you type true (not True because C# is case sensitive) ) without double quote as the following?

Regards,

Hello Yoichi,

yes, I type “true”. Unfortunately it still not change. Also for other variable types like integer, when I tried to change it to another value it keeps going back to the previous value. I tried to create another project and it still show the same behaviour. The strange thing is, if I change the value of “expressionLanguage” from “CSharp” to “VB” in the project.json, it would then allow me to edit the value of the variables. Any suggestion what to do?
Thank you once again :pray:

HI,

How about using Immediate panel? It can also update content of variable.

Regards,

Hi Yoichi,

I am able to change the value in immediate panel, but it seems that the studio does not get the value. It keep going to “true” direction

Hi,

To isolate cause, can you try to create simple C# project and check if the issue can be reproduced?
If it always occurs in all the C# project, there may be something wrong with Studio itself. It may be better to re-install Studio. (ideally the latest stable version in 23.4 ).

Regards,

Thank you for your time Yoichi,

I will try to reinstall the Studio. I will update the post once I got something new to tell. Have a good day.

hi @NazAutomate ,

I’ve also tried to reproduce your issue in my setup with a simple C# project, but the behavior was the expected one. I was able to successfully modify the values in Locals panel, as described in the following video:

Unless your project includes sensitive data, would it be possible for you to upload it on this thread so I can take a closer look into your issue? Please make sure to also include the .local folder.
Also, if you choose to re-install Studio, could you, please, use the latest 2023.4 version (2023.4.6 as of now)? I noticed you are not using the latest patch version and it would be helpful to know if you can still reproduce the issue with the latest available version.

Thank you!

Dear @LiviuPonova ,

Apologize for the delay replying your message. Thank you for the effort creating the video to show me the behaviour of UiPath Studio 2023.4.2!
As for me the problem is solved by upgrading the newest UiPath Studio version to 2023.10.4.

Have a good day.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.