UiPath Selectors do not work with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Dear Community,

I currently work on a pdf where the Selectors do not recognise the structure.
I cant select whole rows for find element there are always numbers missing.

While researching on the problem i saw that many developers have the same problem.
But changing the Adobe Settings did not work for me.
What is the solution of this problem?`

I want to create a workflow where a folder full of pdfs is looked up for a certain word/value.

Kind Regards
Azad

2 Likes

Please check Learn Robotic Process Automation with RPA Tutorials for Beginners .

Hi you can use read pdf OCR text @Akay

I did watch that video several times

And nothing worked? Now even reading the whole pdf?

That would work but since its a large file i dont think it is the most effective way to do that.
I was hoping that the selectors help.

You can use read pdf with ocr and after getting apply regular expressions. or write a custom activity convert pdf to xml and apply xpaths

Hi @Akay

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

As per our documentation, the Adobe DC is not fully supported. It is advised to use an older version to get it to work properly for now. It will be improved in the future, of course :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which is the reader that you currently use?
Besides it would be good to know if UiPath chooses the correct reader on its own or if I have to change any setttings.

Thank you for your answer!

Kind Regards,
Akay

Current workaround is to use Adobe Reader DC 18 or lower. Adding support for newer version is indeed on the roadmap though, so more improvements in this regard are coming.

This appears to now be working with the newest Acrobat release:
Tested with the 19.4 UiAutomation pack and AcrobatReader DC 19.012.20040 (latest official build) on several untagged document.
Appears the issue was fixed and the behavior is the same one as it was prior to the breaking change.

• Accessibility assistant starts only once and preferences are saved
  • Selectors are generated paragraph by paragraph/element by element
3 Likes

hello my friend ,

kindly is there any updates regarding this issue , it’s been more than 5 months , i think Uipath should solve this issue ? and if not what is the solution instead of downgrade the version of adobe ?

Thanks

Hi @alialroomi

Please see the comment above your post :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol thanks i didn’t notice it :smile:

Doesnt seem to work with the latest Reader

Hi @Praveen_Joseph

Could you please provide an example with:

• Adobe DC version
  • UI Automation activity package version
  • Studio version
1 Like

Hi,

I am facing same issue.

I am using Acrobat Reader DC 21.007 version, UiPath Studio 2021.4.4 version and updated the UIAutomation Activities to the latest one as well. Still unable to record.
Note: This is happening only with the pdf’s which have a message(Signed and all signatures are valid, but with unsigned changes after the last signature.)

Thanks!
Lipika

Hi @lipikapanda88

Is there any chance you could mockup a PDF file that reproduces this issue and send it to me via a private message at @loginerror?

Some screenshots of how the selectors of such document look like for you might be useful in debugging this issue as well.

I had Adobe Auto Update on one of my machines recently. It also broke detecting UI elements from PDF documents. I’ve had to disable this part of the automation until I can find a solution.

Hi @mmcclure

Could you maybe share the exact version of your Adobe DC that broke your selectors, as well as the UIAutomation package that you are currently using?

Could you also give it a try with the latest versions of UIAutomation package?