UIPath Remote Runtime & Citrix Workplace

Hi Team,

I am trying to figure out a way to work on Citrix Workplace to automate a application in my Company. By going through Forum and Academy guidelines I understand that the UiPath Remote Runtime has to be installed along with the Enterprise version of the UiPath Studio.

The Questions I have is related to the statement mentioned in these guidelines and quoting:

Blockquote
The UiPath Remote Runtime component is required to establish the connection between an application or desktop server and a corresponding UiPath extension installed on a client machine.
Blockquote

• Do I have to install UiPath Remote Runtime on Client Machine ? As in the Citrix Environment ?
    (If yes, I would have to get approval of installation from Client.)

• This UiPath Remote Runtime comes as a package of Enterprise Software which also includes Studio, Orchestrator and UiPath Remote Runtime. How can I only install Remote Runtime in client Machine ?
    (I have this package installed and licensed on my development Machine, do I have to transfer the installation setup to Citrix Environment using Google Drive or something ?)

Please help me find these answers. If you have any questions, shoot. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for your help.

citrix #UipathRemoteRuntime

Hi @mayank_26

Lately, I developed several robot with Remote Runtime.

Based on my experience, you have to install UiPath Remote Runtime on Client Machine, and it must alway run in your Client Machine as a process, when develop or run your robot.
Usually, Client Machine have clone environment for test. you can try to get approval of installation of test Client first for experiment, it will be relatively easy.
UiPath Remote Runtime of my used is a Separate installation package, you can contact Support Team to obtain the UiPathRemoteRuntime.msi installer.
And one more thing, the UiPathRemoteRuntime.msi must same to your package version of UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities, you need confirm it first, or it maybe not work.
Citrix extension can be used from 2018.4, but Remote Desktop extension only be use in 2019.4.
So may need to update your UiPath studio version.

2 Likes

Hey @mayank_26 ,

• Do I have to install UiPath Remote Runtime on Client Machine ? As in the Citrix Environment ?

Yes,UiPath Remote runtime needs to be installed on the target or client machine.

• This UiPath Remote Runtime comes as a package of Enterprise Software which also includes Studio, Orchestrator and UiPath Remote Runtime. How can I only install Remote Runtime in client Machine ?

UiPath Remote runtime standalone can also be downloaded and installed directly.Follow the instructions and you are good to go.

https://studio.uipath.com/docs/installing-the-uipath-remote-runtime

1 Like

Hi @wusiyangjia that clarifies a lit, thanks for your feedback. I will get things done now. :slight_smile:

Hi @amarasto,

Thanks, i read that but i thought it is not possible. I will check with support team if i could get the installer only.

Btw that brings me to my another question, though i have not tested it and asking it directly in this forum, but can i use remote runtime setup with community addition ? Or enterprise version is must for it ? @wusiyangjia may be you could help as well as you have worked on Citirx !?

1 Like

Hey @mayank_26,

I have the standalone installer and i can share it with you through google drive if you can share your email address .

This component can be used with community edition as well.

Hey @amarasto

Thanks for the help. Please can you share it on msmakz309@gmail.com, it will be great help.

Thanks

Hey @mayank_26,

I have shared the installer with you.Please do let me know if it is not received somehow .

Hi @amarasto

I got it. I will test it if i get any error.

Thanks

Hi @amarasto, Could you please share the installer with me as well. I am also in search of the same. My email id is vishnu.dhangare@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance!!

Hey @vishnu.dhangare,

I have shared the remote runtime standalone installer with you via google drive.

Thanks Aman , received it :slight_smile:

Hey all,

I have tried and implemented the solution in Citrix but I recommand you contact UiPath and get the latest version of Remote Runtime as it will have bug fixed and enhancement to work better with UiPathUIAutomation.Activities and its latest version.

You can contact their support team via below:

and use below link to create the environment:

https://studio.uipath.com/docs/installing-the-uipath-remote-runtime

I had a fantastic experience using it, please feel free to get back in case of any questions.

@amarasto
Can you please share it with me emovimz@gmail.com

@mayank_26
Can you please share with me if you have at emovimz@gmail.com

@vishnu.dhangare
Can you pls share with me emovimz@gmail.com

Hey @goharmalik,

I have shared the remote runtime. Please let me know if you have successfully received it.

thanks received

1 Like

@amarasto
@goharmalik

Can you pls share with me b.hamson@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Hi,

Thank you @wusiyangjia & @amarasto for the clarifications on the topic. Just to add-on a little more information:

1. Please note that the UiPath Remote Runtime has to be installed in the Citrix Server (not in the Citrix machine\VDI) where the XenApps or XenDesktops are hosted.

2. To download the installer, please reach out to the Support Team (recommended)

3. Documentation: [Latest]
    The following links are really helpful in configuring the runtime\extension and understand their functionality\architecture

Installation of the UiPath Remote Runtime - UiPath
Installation of the Citrix Extension - UiPath
About UiPath Remote Runtime - UiPath
Native Citrix Support (Solutions) - UiPath
About Native Citrix Automtation - UiPath
Configuration Steps - UiPath
How Native Citrix Automation Works - UiPath
Examples - UiPath
Known Issues & Limitations - UiPath

Note: There are a few improvements compared to the v18.x in automating the native citrix, please refer the release notes for more details: Release Notes

Thanks and Regards,
Dominic

1 Like