UiPath - Project without source code

Hello,

I have been searching through the forum, i found that someone had the same concern in this post. I know that there’s a way to deploy your processes through orchestrator and it would hide the project files,
but is there a way to deploy your project without orchestrator to do the exact same thing ?
If not, it would be a good idea to develop.

Thank you
Regards

2 Likes

You can do that even now by creating custom packages.

1 Like

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want to run a series of workflows without your code open or visible to the one running it and without deploying it on the Orchestrator. If so, then yes, it’s indeed possible.

1. You’d need to publish your automation project first from the Studio.

2. Publishing a project archives the workflows and all the other files in the folder so that it can be sent to the Robot.

3. Then, this process can be downloaded and executed by the Agent (UiPath.Agent.exe, Robot Tray) via the System Tray.

Go through the below links in order to know more about the same:

https://robot.uipath.com/docs/the-user-interface

3 Likes

Thank you! It was very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two more questions,
I’ve investigated the publish and run with the agent but,

1. Do you need to have the orchestrator license in order to run the local process? Because i’ve tried to run it through command line and it says that i need a license

2. Is there a way to run the nupkg file without being connected to the orchestrator ?

Thank you for your response

1 Like

No. And Yes. All you have to do is publish the package from the main file, download the package in the Agent Tray, and run it from there once it’s done getting downloaded.

If you’re still not able to do this, I’ll create a sample process and attach screenshots of the steps I follow, when I’m free.

1 Like

I see, i tried to do that but i’m still unable to see the process on the Agent Tray.
I would really appreciate that you could show me.

Thank you for your response,
Regards,

1 Like

Here you go:

3. image

4. image

5. image

Download/Update the package and click on run in the system tray.

6. image

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I did it without any problems, now my projects will be safe in a package :slight_smile:

Best Regards

1 Like

Keep in mind .nupkg can be decompressed easily and you can see what’s inside your package.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.