UiPath Orchestrator

How Many robots can be configured in the Orchestrator with Enterprise Trial license? How do we differentiate between a Front Office (Assisted Robot) and a Back Office (Autonomous Robot) ?

Hi,
Please go through Orchestrator documents.
https://forum.uipath.com/c/enterprise/e-docs

https://www.uipath.com/automate/front-office-robotic-automation#features

It is still not clear from the documents as to whether a Agent assisted robot can be scheduled in Orchestrator or is it that only the Back office robot can be scheduled in Orchestrator.

Last I checked FrontOffice cannot be scheduled, they can only be started by the user.
BackOffice and DevTest can be scheduled.

1 Like

Hi,
Back office are scheduled in orchestrator.
There is no point of scheduling/running front office from the orchestrator because front office requires presence of human intervention .Even if you schedule then assume the scenario “where user is current working on some critical application and suddenly your bot execute the process in the middle of the work”
You can’t afford such a risk in production env.
But if you still wants to schedule the front office bots you can do it by manually scheduling in each system or you can run the bots from the UiRobot try.

Effectively whether we want to schedule a robot or not depends on the type of workflow / process is being implemented. In this case why is there a difference in the costs of the robot license? I understand that Front Office robot license cost is half of that of a Back Office robot. Why create such two licenses ? Instead the decision could be left to the user on how to schedule the robot based on the workflow that is being implemented.

FO is 1/5 of the BO cost

FO - is triggered by a human that shares the same desktop with the robot. It can’t be scheduled
BO - can be triggered, managed, controled from the Orchestrator

So Orchestrator is only for Back Office robots. How many such robots can be configured in the orchestrator? Is there a Limit to it in Development / Production environment?

@badita
do we need a server( Not Orchestrator ) for front office robot, where we can do the analyze and reporting work.

Thanks

I got the answer as follows: Orchestrator can be the server for both FO and BO Robot.

UiPath Orchestrator Use Cases
Front Office Server - Robots are used as agent assistants. They are installed on user’s workstations and are
triggered by human operators on demand. The platform is required only for process deployment and
centralized robot logs.
Back Office Server - Robots run unattended in virtual environments and can automate any number of back
office processes. On top of the FOS capabilities, the Orchestrator is responsible for remote execution,
monitoring, scheduling and providing support for work queues

1 Like

@badita I have a follow-up question on the need for Orchestrator for FOS. The Orchestrator architecture mentions one installation of Orchestrator machine can support upto 200 bots, does that include Back Office robots only or BOS + FOS?

Our latest 2017.1 tests in Azure went fine with 300 BO bots (200 fully utilized).
We plan to support 1000 BO/20.000 FO within a year. FO are not so resource intensive.

Thank you @badita. For the purpose of clarity, here is what I understand: One server node of Orchestrator can support up to 200 Back Office Bots or 1000 Front Office Bots. So if I have to support 1200 Front Office bots and 120 Back Office bots, I should add another server node to the Orchestrator farm.

Something like this, though I’m not sure what are the specs of one node.
@Andrei_Pop, @qateam may know better.

Hello,
Could you please explain me or can share any document on how BOR actually designed and works?