UiPath Edge Extension can no longer sense or interact with the Save As Button within Edge PDF Viewer

Hello,

We have an automation that pulls up a PDF image within Microsoft Edge and saves it (we have the UiPath Edge Extension 2022.10.4 installed on the computer and are using the below Dependencies). All of a sudden over the weekend, the automation is no longer able to click on or sense the Save icon within Edge - instead it can only sense the Edge Pane where the PDF image exists (changing the Image region selection or UI Framework from Default does not solve the issue)

The selectors (I had to remove some < characters to get them to show up below in the Forum post) we are typically able to interact with are usually the below options which are inserted into a click activity after determining they exist with an “Element Exists” activity:

1. wnd app=‘msedge.exe’ cls=‘Chrome_WidgetWin_1’ title=‘exportRetrievePdf* Microsoft​ Edge’ /> ctrl name=‘exportRetrievePdf’ role=‘document’ /> ctrl name=‘PDF bar’ role=‘tool bar’ /> ctrl name=‘Save (Ctrl+S)’ role=‘push button’ /

OR

1. wnd app=‘msedge.exe’ cls=‘Chrome_WidgetWin_1’ title=‘exportRetrievePdf* Microsoft​ Edge’ /> ctrl name=‘exportRetrievePdf’ role=‘document’ /> ctrl name=‘PDF bar’ role=‘tool bar’ /> ctrl name=‘Save (Ctrl+S)’ role=‘push button’ /> <ctrl role=‘graphic’ /

If either of the above don’t work - I send a CTRL + “s” hotkey into this selector to get the Save As window to popup within Edge (but this option is not working either):

1. wnd app=‘msedge.exe’ cls=‘Chrome_WidgetWin_1’ title=‘exportRetrievePdf* - Microsoft​ Edge’ /> ctrl name=‘exportRetrievePdf’ role=‘document’ /> ctrl idx=‘5’ role=‘grouping’ />

Has anyone experienced this with Edge or have any suggestions? Do you believe a uninstall of the Edge Extension / reinstall might be helpful or attempting to migrate to a newer version of UiPath Studio or Dependency package?

Using SAVE AS over Edge proved to be unstable for us.
We changed the Edge settings so all of the Downloads are automatically saved to Downloads folder.
From there we are extracting the file and move it to the needed location.

@taxguy33

If you are using modern activities then follow the below setting in the arguments to make them work

If on classic activities then you need to downgrade for now

Cheers

I’m not sure we are doing the same thing - it’s not a download technically, we are clicking a hyperlink and this PDF loads in a new Microsoft Edge tab as opposed to a download. I have to click the “Save” icon to actually download it - but it’s not available. If you have a suggestion that deals with that scenario - I’d appreciate it.

have you tried hotkeys to prompt the Save as window ? Or Click image activity could be usefull as well

I am facing the same problem. Among other things, I can no longer perform a check (Check App State) on the “Print” or “Save” button. The same is true for the PDF toolbar in general. Newly, I also can no longer read and match any value in the PDF (opened in Edge). The problem appeared for the first time on 05.06.2023. On 02.06.2023 this still worked.

The keyboard shortcuts for saving and printing is a workaround, however it does not solve my problem. I just want to check the toolbar and buttons, not run them. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible. What is the reason for this? Is there a solution for this?

Hi guys

According to UiPath there is a problem with Ui integration since Chrome/Edge version 114.
For this, new versions of the UiAutomation activity have been created, which should solve the problem.

You can find more information in the following post: Broken selectors after Chrome/Edge update to version 114.0.1823.37

Cheers