Cannot Consistently interact with Edge://Downloads Page

Hello all,

I have been dealing with a very confusing issue within UiPath and UiAutomation.

We have a process which often interacts with Edge, which works fairly well for webpage automation. However some recent updates to Edge have raised a regular issue now. I’m not sure whether this is due to the UiPath Edge Browser extension not working, or on the Executor not working

At some point we are required to interact with the downloads widget and configure browser settings. But for some reason when trying to interact with the downloads webpage here:Edge Downloads Webpage
There is inconsistent behavior. Sometimes the screen is opened as the following window selector and everything inside is fully accessible and interactable

<wnd app='msedge.exe' cls='Chrome_WidgetWin_*' title='Downloads*- Microsoft​ Edge' />
<ctrl name='Downloads' role='document' />
<ctrl name='Downloads' role='grouping' />
<ctrl name='All files' role='pane' />

And then sometimes the window returns the following, which only give context to the overall window and nothing past the top layer contains any selector information:

<wnd app='msedge.exe' cls='Chrome_WidgetWin_*' title='Downloads* - Microsoft​ Edge' /> 
<ctrl name='Downloads - Microsoft Edge' role='pane' />`

This change is seemingly random, and is not resolved by restarting browser or by rebooting an individual machine. Is there a bug with the UiPath Edge extension that could be causing an issue interacting and retrieving valid selectors from Edge?

2 Likes

@l.henderson

Please check this. Hope this answers your question

https://forum.uipath.com/t/broken-selectors-after-chrome-edge-update-to-version-114-0-1823-37/551689/2

This is being address …in the mean time please use the workaround

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I just missed the announcement yesterday. Will follow the thread for updates, as for now it doesn’t look like there is a consistent solution

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.