UiPath Community 2022.10 Stable Release

UiPath Community 2022.10 Stable Release

We are now getting close to our second Long Term Support Enterprise release of the year and as part of our release process we are making the newest 2022.10 Community Stable version available to all our Community users first.

This release brings a lot of exciting features, so don’t be afraid to dig in to each of the articles and find out what is new in every product.

You can read much, much more about each individual platform component below and share your feedback with us:

Studio & StudioX
Robot & Assistant
UIAutomation, Computer Vision & SAP Automation
Activities
Test Suite
Document Understanding

Both the Preview and Stable Channels have been updated to the latest stable version of 2022.10.

If you are using our Community Edition, it should auto-update. If for any reason it did not autoupdate, you can grab it from our Automation Cloud Resources page .

Please tell us what you think

Which features excite you the most and you are going to try right away? We want to hear what you think! Please use the image button below :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Great news!

1 Like

After upgrading, my test project was flagged as needing update from legacy to windows.
I ran the update and it appeared to compile.
After starting to run my test, I get the following exception, very early in my project…

“VisualBasicValue: Expression Activity type ‘VisualBasicValue`1’ requires compilation in order to run. Please ensure that the workflow has been compiled.”

I also updated the packages to current just to make sure there wasn’t a companion package needed… same result.

I started running it in debug mode and found that the expression it was hanging on was (I thought) a simple text test from a string variable:

myPolicyAttributes.Contains(“is set to Cancel”)

What am I missing here, is there a different syntax required now for this sort of text test?

[EDIT] Note: The project does still run correctly on 2022.10 WITHOUT clicking the “update to windows…” button, the issue only happens if I try to update the legacy part.

3 Likes

Interesting to work with new feature

Hi Mike,

Just to clarify things - the upgrade itself is not required but rather recommended as of 22.10, as the Windows target framework will enable some additional features that Legacy does not support.

I haven’t seen this issue with simple expressions, but what I know is that if you happen to have workflows that were originally implemented in VB that were copied over to C# projects (something that used to usually work in Legacy projects, although it was never supported) you may encounter such issues.

If this is not the case, then please file a support ticket and we will try to get back as soon as possible.

5 Likes

After upgrading UiPath Studio to version 2022.10.1, it becomes unresponsive for about 10-30 seconds after making any change to my old projects. The old project main.xaml files are about 8MB in size and are Windows-Legacy.

1. Environment details

Studio 2022.10.1 - 10/11/2022
Community License
Per-user Installation

License Provider: Orchestrator
Activation ID:

Update Channel: Stable

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

16 thread 2.5 GHz to 4.9GHz CPU
16GB RAM

1. Activity package versions

“dependencies”: {
“RPAbyPW.Printer.Activities”: “[1.1.0]”,
“UiPath.Form.Activities”: “[2.0.2]”,
“UiPath.GSuite.Activities”: “[1.16.2]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.18.0]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[22.10.1]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[22.10.1]”,
“UiPathTeam.Interactive.Activities”: “[1.4.9]”
},

1. Orchestrator version

Cloud Platform

1. No errors

@Steven_Raines1 are you using a C# or VB project? Was Studio working properly in the previous Studio version?

Can you maybe share the project via DM so we can investigate the issue you are encountering?

Is it possible to degrade to an earlier version?

2 Likes

It’s VB and it was fine on the previous version. It will take a lot of effort to anonymize. I haven’t yet tried reducing the size but I did try making a new project that didn’t behave the same.

Hi All, I am facing issue. The iterator variable is absent in “For each” Activity in the updated version.
The properties are also not present for “For Each” Activity.

1 Like

@Asfaque What version of System activities? Please try to update to the latest 22.10.1 or 22.4.5

Thanks @alexandru

Thanks, nothing was “copied over from anything” - the project was developed and stable in Studio 22.4.4.

I do think I may have misinterpreted the “severity” of the warning message:

“This project uses Windows-legacy compatibility which is being phased out and will no longer be available for new projects in the next Enterprise release”

That sounded like I needed to get it updated and compatible before the next mandatory stable release -or it would not run… Sounds like you are saying I should interpret that as…

The project could not be re-created from scratch in that same compatibility format after the next major stable release, but NOT necessarily that it would not execute. as-is - that phase-out is still TBD.

Am I reading it more correctly now?

A change as little as adding another row to a Multiple Assign activity will hold a single cpu core at 100% for about 15 seconds.

I made a copy of one of the projects and halved the file size of main.xaml and it almost halved the slow down.

FYI, the attended bot’s functionality doesn’t seem to be affected. I haven’t heard any complaints from my users.

Is there a way to remove the graphical changes to the Studio UI? I don’t need the color-coded bars that I haven’t even seen any documentation to explain or menu buttons that do the same as a right click.

1 Like

A change I have noticed in UiPath.System.Activities 2022.10.1 is that the Path Exists activity no longer has “Folder” as a PathType property, and after updating the package the activity defaults back to “File” PathType.

In a number of projects, at the beginning of the process I have used Path Exists with Folder PathType to detect whether folders exist and delete/re-create them if they do, the activity now doesn’t look for folders so subsequently is not deleting folders that should be deleted.

1 Like
  1. New Modern Design for development
  2. Data Manager brings in lot of improvements to manage data
  3. Constants is the new type other than variables and arguments.
2 Likes

Some of my team members experienced slow down in performance after the upgrade. Running a simple message box can take a long time too. Not sure if there are thing we can do to speed it up?

1 Like

In addition, we are not able to change the sub-header to align with the header when you copy scripts.

This is minor but can be annoying…

Windows-Legacy projects phase-out is still TBD as you also guessed. :slight_smile:

At the same time, some new features may only be supported on the new Windows projects, so upgrading to the modern project type may be of use, which is why I would encourage you to also file a support ticket so that we can better understand why your project did not successfully migrate - this will also help us improve our migration tool.