UiPath cannot communicate with Explorer: error when passing to 2018.3.3 Enterprise

Hello,

I have updated the Studio Enterprise Edition from 2016.2.6379, to a major version, the 2018.3.3.

After opening one workflow, i get the following error:
18.3.3+Branch.master.Sha.dad278851683d948236b522f6a0c8dd584803e65

Source: Open Browser

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, UiBrowserFlags flag)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Can someone kindly help me?
It opens Explorer, but doesn’t insert the url.

Thank you so much,
Camilla

See the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1 Like

Thank you so much @nadim.warsi.
I’ll try and let you know.
Thank you so much,
Camilla :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @CamiCat,

Can you verify that you have used the attach window or open the browser ?

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hello @balupad14.
I have used the Open Browser, with the url inserted as an argument passed as input.
Thank you so much,
Camilla :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @CamiCat,

Can show me the browser activity with properties ?

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hello @balupad14.
Here I attach here the screenshot containing the properties of the activity and version of the package UiPath.Core.Activities installed

Have you got kindly some ideas?
Thank you so much,
Camilla.

Hi @CamiCat,

It is a suggestion. Can you give the IE to open with administrator . and run process.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

3 Likes

Yes, exactly.
Thank you so much,

Camilla:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.