UIPath Assistant Cannot Install Package

(v2020.10.2) - Just upgraded to v2020.10.2 and having problems. UIPath Assistant is unable to install a package that I deployed earlier today. Just hangs for about 15 minutes and then times out. Orchestrator service is connected, and the robot is licensed. The account that is logged in has full permissions to the C:\Users… folder where the deployed package will reside. It creates the package name folder, then the version sub-folder, but that’s as far as it gets. Any help would be appreciated.

UIPath-Asst-Geller-1

Hello @mdagosta!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

  1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

  2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

  3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

  4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

  5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @mdagosta,

Are you found any solution at your issue? If yes, can you share it please because I encouter the same on the production environment of my customer.
Thanks a lot.

Miguel, the problem in my case was the account that I was using to login to the Virtual Machine. In order to change the Orchestrator URL or see the Machine Key, I have to login to the VM with an Admin login. However, the admin login was not the UIPath licensed user. So I had to do it like this:

  1. Login to the VM or desktop computer (where UIPath is installed and licensed) with a local admin account.

  2. Change the “Orchestrator URL” and Machine Key values as necessary.

  3. The Status will then be: “Connected, Unlicensed”.

  4. Logout the admin account.

  5. Log in with the licensed UIPath user account.

  6. The Orchestrator URL, Machine Key will be set correctly and the status will be “Connected, Licensed”.

There may be a better way to do this, but this is what I have found that works. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks @mark.dagosta,

Indeed, in our case we install the robot on the right VM session and log the licence with the domain\username of this VM. Connect Assistant with right URL and Machine key and the status is “connected, licensed”. However, impossible to install the package :frowning:

Hello Miguel, we have same issue. still without solution

Hello @SANDIMIROV_Andrey,

After to discuss with the support team of UiPath, they recommended us to update UiPath licences from 20.4 to 21.4 version. And after that the problem has been resolved.