Uielement no longer valid

eHello friends,
@AshwinS2 , @arivu96, @Rammohan91, @balupad14, @Florent_Salendres, @vvaidya, @Palaniyappan, @loginerror, @MAHESH1, @Manjuts90

Any thoughts, suggestions or fixes on “The UiElement no longer valid” error while using the UiPath click activity in Explorer web page?

Thank
Cami

@CamiCat

It refers to the element you are trying to click is not available. Try to make selector more reliable to work with that. If possible show me screenshot of your selector and so that we can check and update you.

Fine
Kindly select once again the element we want to click with uiexplorer and enable the simulate click property in the property panel of click activity
If not we can use send hot key activity with key as tab if we need to navigate across fields or use enter as key if we need to click on to it, as that would be more reliable

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Hello @Palaniyappan
the selector is this
"webctrl parentid=‘G0_1_R10’ tableCol=‘3’ tag=‘INPUT’ type=‘text’ /> "
I need to type in this field.

How to do that?
CAmi

Hi @CamiCat,
Try to reselect the same selector and check with old selector any deviation is there or not?

If yes make it as dynamic.

Regards,
Arivu

Kindly check whether this selector is working and if it works make sure that the dynamic part of the selector is replaced with wild card *
So that even if the selector becomes dynamic this wildcard will let bot to take the selector and look for element

Or still we can try with send hot key activity

Cheers @CamiCat

Thank you so much @Palaniyappan
How to send hotkeys to write text in an input text selector?
Cami

awesome
to type a text
–use send hot key with key as tab and use n number of send hot key with tab key until you reach that field
–once after reaching use a typeinto activity without any selector selected and just the input string that we need to type into

its more like how we do with keyboard without using mouse to navigate across the fields and type into them

Cheers @CamiCat

Thank you so much,

so select the field and type into with no selector?
Cami :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes exactly
@CamiCat

are we good now @CamiCat
kindly let know for any queries or clarification

Hello @Palaniyappan,

I’m trying and let you know as soon as possible.
Cami.

1 Like