Hello everyone, i’m trying to make a project where it reads a folder with invoices (different templates) and the robot gets values from the invoice (including the table) and extract those values into an excel sheet. I saw the video showcasing it using the Ui path Flexicapture connector but it doesn’t provide a guide on how to achieve this. All i know is that i need a license for it, but once i have it how do i approach this? I’ve never used Flexicapture.
Welcome to uipath community
It’s not possible to do it along with uipath activities for this flexi capture belongs to ABBYY product do this you have to buy abbyy prossing server processing station.
This is for Abbyy FlexiCapture stand-alone (not Distributed):
Once you have a license and Abbyy FlexiCapture Studio and Engines installed and licensed, the steps would be:
- Create fcdot files from FlexiCapture projects using the Abbyy FlexiLayout Studio and Abbyy Admin Station
- Create a workflow and include both the UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities and UiPath.Abbyy.Activities packages
- Define your taxonomy (document type and fields you want to extract) using the Taxonomy Manager wizard
- For one file path, configure the following steps:
- Digitize Document
- Classify (if you have more than one document type you need to process)
- Data Extraction Scope with FlexiCapture Extractor inside
- Present Validation Station to review the output
- Export Extraction Results to have a simple results mapping into a dataset to consume.
As a starting point you should try with this sample workflow here, case in which you only need to add the FlexiCapture Extractor: How to use the IntelligentOCR Package
Hope this helps,