Type Into strange behaviour

Hi

In Chrome I use “Type Into” and normally it works fine. However sometimes it suddenly jumps to a different input field from the same webpage and continues writing there the remaining text. What might be the reason?

Thanks!
Gabi

Hi @Gabriel_Isman

the reason is the selector was not proper fine tuned

You need to fine tune the selector

And attribute should be unique

Can you share the selector which you are using for the type into

H! @Gabriel_Isman

It’s possible that the “Type Into” action is encountering changes in the page’s elements or focus, causing it to switch to a different input field.

You might want to ensure that the input field you’re targeting has a consistent identifier or you need to fine tune the selector or use a more specific selector to avoid such unexpected behavior.

Hi @Gabriel_Isman

It is because your selectors are not fine tuned and Type Into UiElement finds duplicate elements.
You need to fine tune the selectors and fine tuned selector must be unique.
You can change attribute like aaname to fine tune.
Share the selector so that we can help you in that.

Hope you understand!!
Regards

Fuzzy selector:

Lorem ipsum…is the default text that appears before starting typing in.

Strict selector:

I know, something like idx=12 should be avoided. But as I said, it can always start typing in. But sometimes it can not finish typing in in the same text element.

Thanks!

@Gabriel_Isman

Use indicate anchor whicch makes you type into the specific field

And aslo provide some value into delay between keys
option
Available in the properties panel of type into

If it can start typing into without an anchor it means in my opinion that an anchor is not needed. Is it true?

I have a delay:

it’s true that you can often perform the “Type Into” action without explicitly using an anchor element in UiPath, using an anchor can still provide benefits in terms of reliability, Stability and Dynamic Pages

@Gabriel_Isman

Use anchor base:

web pages or applications, the structure and positions of elements can change. So then we can use the Anchor base and we can provide a consistent reference point that allows your automation .

@Gabriel_Isman

Yes anchor makes the selector more stable

When ever the fields change their positions in the web application

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.