Trying to run automation as background process but getting error that shared file path can not be found

I am trying to run an automation as a background process, but when the automation is kicked off I get an error saying that the file path can or part of the file path can not be found

I ran this same automation on our test bot and it worked well, but for some reason on our production bots they have trouble finding the paths.

I have uninstalled assistant and reinstalled and set it to unattended. I have read that service mode and user mode could be the issue but I need this bot to be unattended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

When an automation works on a test bot but encounters issues on an unattended production bot, there could be several reasons behind the discrepancy. Here are some factors to consider and steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Permissions and Access: Check if the unattended production bot has the necessary permissions to access the file or directory. Permissions might differ between user accounts and environments. Make sure the bot’s user account has appropriate read/write permissions.
  2. Environment Differences: Verify that the environments where the test bot and the unattended production bot run are identical. Different environments can have different configurations, paths, or setups that affect automation behavior.
  3. Working Directory: Be aware of the working directory differences between attended and unattended executions. Ensure your automation handles relative paths consistently based on the execution context.
  4. Environment Variables: If your automation relies on environment variables or configuration files, ensure they’re correctly set up in the unattended production environment.
  5. Network and Connectivity: If your automation accesses network resources, ensure that the unattended bot has proper network connectivity and can access the necessary resources.
  6. File Locking: If the automation reads or writes to files, check for file locking issues. The file might be locked by another process or bot.
  7. Account Settings: Make sure that the unattended bot’s account settings, like user profiles, are configured correctly. Some processes can behave differently based on user profiles.
  8. Runtime Environment: If the automation uses software components or libraries, ensure that the unattended bot’s runtime environment matches the test bot’s environment.
  9. Logging and Debugging: Implement detailed logging and exception handling in your automation. This will help you identify the specific point of failure and gather information for troubleshooting.
  10. Resource Availability: Ensure that any external resources, APIs, databases, or services that the automation relies on are available and accessible to the unattended bot.
  11. Configuration Files: If your automation uses configuration files, verify that the file paths and content are accurate in the unattended environment.

Thanks for the reply.

I failed to mention this in when I created the topic, but I am currently running the automation as an unattended foreground process that is looking at the same path that the background process is trying to find.

That’s where I am confused. The file path is accessible when it’s a foreground process but not for the background process.

In that case only thing i can think of is that file has some permission restriction.

Please take a look at this.

Hi @Samuel_Trahan1

Just curious, did your issue get resolved?what was the solution?