Time out is much longer than the default 30 seconds - System exception

Hi,

For some reason it currently takes 3 minutes and 16 seconds for the activity to time out after a system exception. I cant find the reason for this at all it should be the default 30 seconds.

Could it be some global setting that is causing the issue?

The activity where the robot gets stuck:

I have tried to Change the “Input mode” and “Activate” properties with no difference.

Hi, @atomic

Try to set Wait for page load to None and check if the timeout it is ok

Maybe the target application is taking time to respond

as the target part is not expanded we cannot refer to other settings (e.g selctor definitions, Sync settings).

You can try within a first RnD round

• only strict selector
  • hard coded Timeout to a small value
  • turned off any others sync options (e.g. WaitForReady, Visibility Syncs)

Just ensure that the click only is rated when running a test round

@rikulsilva

I just tried to change that and run it again, the time out occurs after 2 minutes and 15 seconds now.
So it seems there is still some properties that causes the 1,5 minute extra time out delay.

@ppr

as the target part is not expanded we cannot refer to other settings (e.g selctor definitions, Sync settings).

• I’m using strict selectors.

• I tried to set the timout to 5 seconds and the time out is still 2 minutes and 15 seconds(after the change @rikulsilva mentioned).

• I changed the “Wait for page load” as @rikulsilva mentioned which decreased the time out by 1 minute.

Just ensure that the click only is rated when running a test round

The only activities before is a log message and the use browser activity with the following properties:

for test purpose:

• set delay before / after to 0
  • turn waitforready to None
  • turn off visibility check
  • go for a straightforward selector, which is very direct
  • empty fuzzy selector

and do some plays on the input method (e.g. chromium api, when edge is already newer)

@ppr

1. But the default is 0.3 and 0.2 seconds
  2. The wait for read is None(As mentioned above):
  3. Isn’t the visibility check only in effect if the “Targeting method” is “Fuzzy selector”?
    I have:
  4. I’m using “Strict selector”
  5. Okay, I cant try to empty the fuzzy selector field but im not using it as stated by the “Targeting method”(or is this not working?).

Edit changed the following, no difference:

I have tried Chromium API and Simulate.

Could the plugin cause the issue, it is strange that I only noticed it in this process.

Try to update UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities to 23.10.3 and try again

@rikulsilva Did this, it has been 5+ minutes it has still not timed out.

EDIT: just timed out it took 6 minutes now.

@atomic soo weird

Did you tried in another process to check if the behavior is only for this one ?

If you do all the things that @ppr mentioned and still have the issue

You can try this options:

if the Studio was installed in User Mode, you can try remove this 2 folders:

C:\Users\your windows user account\AppData\Local\UiPath\.cache
C:\Users\your windows user account\.nuget\packages

feel free to make a backup for both before the clear

This will force the Studio to download the packages again. So if the issue is associated with packages maybe resolves

Cheers

we keep in mind:

• we assume something like a particular Link is to click
  • we derive from descrioption:
    • LINK is clicked, BUT is taking a lot of time

Following up the analysis actions from above, we can also do:

• isolated exploration
  • cross check plain single activity test xaml with classis click

with such a round we can get a feeling on the potential of how fast a Bot could work

@rikulsilva

Hahaha this is soooo weird.

I deleted the packages before but i did it again now + .cache
Same issue again it took exactly 6 min and 1 second for the time out.

The REALLY strange thing is that i reverted the UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities from 23.10.3 to 23.4.4 again. Guess what the time out is 2 min and 15 seconds again.

Could you try disable the problematic Click activity and add another one, remapping the element using anchors feature and don’t change anything else, just to validation?

Also, you can try use classic Click Activity (just for debbugging) and see if it get better work

@rikulsilva @ppr

I have tried to narrow it down some more.

I tried to use a Classic “Click” outside of the open browser/attach browser scrope, the time out occured after 49 seconds, better but still not 30 seconds.

Some more details about where the issue occurs in the process. It happens after the robot click on a save button but this pop up window appears:

The robot then tries to click on the element that causes the long time outs. One thing I noticed is that the “Validate” button takes some seconds to load when I inspect it(With the pop up window above):
Some time it validates and becomes green and some times red.

So it seems that the"embedded page" popup window creates some kind of disturbence.
Maybe there is a plugin issue/bug or that it cant handle it or it handles it but slowly.
But the really strange thing is why did the time out take 6 min and 1 second when upgrading the dependency to UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities to 23.10.3.

In the same process if the error occurs somwhere else the time out is 30 sec as it should be.
So the issue seems to be when the popup window above appears.

Coud you try to reinstall Edge extension ?

@rikulsilva I have tried this unfortunately the issue still persists.

I will probably need to come up with some kind of workaround.

If the UiPath Devs or someone knows what could cause this im all ears hehe.

I see that you tried ChromiumAPI and Simulate. I had a similar problem and was able to fix it using SendWindowMessages (even though it’s a Chrome browser).