This extension may have been corrupted - Chrome 100.0.4896.60

Hello,

The UiPath chrome extension is showing an error message “This extension may have been corrupted” for a few seconds and repairs it automatically.

This is happening every time I close and open the chrome browser. The automation is getting failed with an error message ‘cannot communicate with browser’ and manage to run the automation when we run it a few times. (Unattended automation)

Chrome Version 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit)

UiPath extension version: 9.0.6827

What could be the reason for this? Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

Hi

Removed the extension from chrome first then added it via uipath then went to chrome app store and then installed it.
Refrence

Regards,
Dhanush

1 Like

That didn’t work for me.

Also, I noticed that the extension is getting automatically installed when I remove the extension and close/open the browser.

I believe that the corrupted data/files of the extension are getting overwritten every time I close and open the browser.

I too am experiencing this same issue. Automation runs fine for awhile, but then fails due to “Browser communication issue” which is caused by the Chrome Web Extension.
If I manually log onto the RPA Server with the Robot ID and open Chrome - I see the corrupt message, but it quickly disappears and then the Web Extension is re-enabled!
This is a real head scratcher! Any ideas…?