Uipath displays chrome extension error

our cloud team stated we must use enterprise chrome. We decided to install that and disable the auto update for chrome.

After this, we saw the UiPath extension on chrome on both the host VM and in all the robot sessions. We have 10 robot sessions. However none of the sessions worked , giving chrome extension error message.

We reinstalled the UiPath and extensions on the host VM. We enabled the incognito and turned on the allow pop up and gave the required URL in each session, making the setting exactly how it was before installing the enterprise chrome.

When we went to run the automation on orchestrator, some of the jobs’s logs showed
“ Error : cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension…” . Transaction was not completed.

Out of the 10 robot account on that machine, only 2 is giving the above extension error.
We see for the robot sessions that is not working , the “ ChromeNativeMessaging.exe “ is not running.

Please help?! Any idea why its working for some sessions and not the others?! How do i fix it?

Thank you!

@Gloriakp

Please check this guide

Looks like a geoup policy issue

Cheers

@Anil_G Thank you for the reply!

I can’t down point to group policy when 8 sessions are working… they are computed by VM level. Change should reflect the same across all service sessions… so still not sure how is failing for two sessions…

I’ll take a look at that document and the sessions and come back if nothing works

It sounds like extensions are being blocked by policy. Check with your IT security team. Don’t dismiss policy just because it’s working on some. It’s not uncommon for group policies not to be as organized as you think.

I had an issue where I could not access the UiPath package feeds. We tried everything. They even completely bypassed firewall for me and then it worked, but they could not figure out what policy/rule etc was causing it. In the end, they just sent me a new laptop and then everything worked fine.

@Gloriakp

It is better to check the troubleshoot

Also group policy can be different we never know…good to check to rule out

Cheers

@Anil_G @postwick

I checked the user session group policy to the sessions that are running fine, found no differences in the policies…

However i found on the sessions that failed appears to not start ChromeNativeMessaging

@Gloriakp

please check this as well as you confirmed this as well

The ChromeNativeMessaging.exe process runs under the current user and it uses cmd.exe to start the browser.

If the ComSpec environment variable is missing or has an invalid value, then Google Chrome cannot launch the ChromeNativeMessaging.exe.

cheers