The robots couldn't communicate with Private mode of MS Edge browser

Hi

after the last update of MS Edge, there is an issue with the extension of UiPath…
the extension is installed and enabled but still, the robot is not able to communicate with the browser in Private mode…

I tried to:
disable and enable the extension.
reinstall the extensions
uninstall and reinstall the studio

but unfortunately same issue …

after a lot of investigation, I found that when the robot is opening Edge in normal mode there is an application called (Chrome Native Messaging Host) that allows the robots to communicate with Edge, but when the robot is opening Edge in Private mode the (Chrome Native Messaging Host) is not running with edge for that the robot is not able to communicate with the browser

so I searched for this application on my computer and run it manually and the robot worked with private edge properly, However when the robot close the Edge the application (Chrome Native Messaging Host) closed automatically with it, and when the robot opened private mode of the edge again that application is not running automatically with it so the robot again is not able to communicate with Edge private

How to force (Chrome Native Messaging Host) to run automatically with Edge in private mode??

Note: I have to use Edge in Private mode, so please don’t tell me to use another mode or another browser

2 Likes

Hello @Mohammed_Bakr

Try enabling Allow in InPrivate for UiPath extension

Hi @Sreelatha278

it is already enabled

Same here - isn’t working anymore in private mode

Same issue here, exactly as described

A workaround for this issue until UiPath fixes it is to open a standard Edge browser page and leave it open in the background while you open your In Private Edge page. This will allow the Chrome Native Messaging Host to keep running which allows the In Private page to work with the extension.

On July 20, 2023, Microsoft released Edge browser version 115.
In this version, there is an issue that the selector operation of the In Private window of the Edge browser cannot be performed.

UiPath Team is currently investigating this issue internally.

Even though the UiPath extension is installed in the Edge browser, the following dialog is displayed when obtaining a selector, etc.

Phenomenon occurring in the robot
Despite having the UiPath extension installed in the Edge browser, the following error occurs when the robot performs the ‘Open Browser’ or ‘Use Application/Browser’ activity:

Could not communicate with his UiPath extension for ‘msedge.exe’ browser. Make sure the extension is installed and activated.
cause
The issue occurs because “ChromeNativeMessagingHost.exe” does not start when only the In Private window of the Edge browser is opened.
ChromeNativeMessagingHost.exe is a component of the Edge browser extension provided by UiPath.
If the extension is installed, it will normally start automatically when you open the Edge browser.

Workaround
A. Before processing the In Private window, add processing to launch Edge (normal mode instead of In Private window) by the “Open Browser” or “Use Application/Browser” activity.
“ChromeNativeMessagingHost.exe” will automatically start when you open the Edge browser (normal mode, not the In Private window), so you can get the elements of the In Private window from Studio/Robot.
The disadvantage of this method is that it requires changes to the automation project.

B. Set the “Incognito/Private Window” option in the “Use Application/Browser” activity to False and use “CustomFolder” in “User Data Folder Mode” instead of this option.
Information such as cookies can be cleared by deleting the custom folder.
The disadvantage of this method is that it requires changes to the automation project.

C. Install UiPath MV2 extension.
It can be installed by adding the extension ID “bhchaenngmlcobfechfkikaofjlmejop” to the ExtensionInstallForcelist group policy.
The advantage of this method is that no changes to the automation project are required.
The disadvantage of this method is that the user must manually enable the “Allow in InPrivate” option in UiPath’s browser extension.

D. Downgrade your Edge browser to version 114.