Symphony.Activities.Extension.SyForms

SyForms - UiPath Form Designer by Florent Salendres (Symphony Ventures)

Package: Symphony.Activities.Extension.SyForms
Author: @Florent_Salendres

@Florent_Salendres In show form design and controls buttons are not working

Hi,

Did you try specifying a FormFilePath (json file on creation).
You can refer to my post bellow and the videos to help you starting up

If the problem is not resolved, let me know

Cheers

Hi Florent,
I needed to design a form for verification purposes and i came across your custom activity of SyForms.

I had one query related to its usage.

I was working across one requirement which involves displaying a form for verification purposes and it would contain values from data table. Is it possible to set values to the controls created by SyForms. I have tried my way around but the values do not get set. I have tried converting the Controls data type to string etc. but none of these work. Is there a way to show all values from data table on this created form?

Hi @avin

To do that I would be using a DataGridView control. image

The way you will display your table there is that you need to pass your datatable within “Data” (button on the activity) and later on set this argument as a Datasource of the Datagridview on an OnLoad Workflow.

• You can create OnLoad workflow using Features > Create Workflow (Top left)

• Once the workflow is created, you will need to link the xaml with the OnLoad of the form via the properties of the Form

• you can now set the DataSource with an Assign activity as follow. gridview being the name of my datagridview control, DT being the name of my Datatable Data argument.

CType(FormControls("gridview"),DataGridView).DataSource = FormData("DT")

• Last thing (but not the least), you will need to edit your datagridview properties so it has a proper size to display the table, set it read only or not,anchor etc…

Here are for example my properties.

I am attaching you an example project (built in 2018.4).

Let me know if you need any clarification or have other questions.

SyFormsTable.zip (14.2 KB)

at the end your form should look like something like this:

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks Florent for such a quick response. This works for me and now i can extend these learnings as per my requirement.

1 Like

I have a few questions about this. I setup a form with 2 buttons to kick off different workflow processes. We’ll say process_one and process_two. It doesn’t really matter.

When I kickoff process_one, I display a message box, followed by an input dialog. I’m able to input the data, however when I click okay I get the following error text:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Invoke(Activity activity, IDictionary`2 inputs, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Activities.WorkflowInvoker.Invoke(Activity workflow, IDictionary`2 inputs, TimeSpan timeout, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions)
   at System.Activities.WorkflowInvoker.Invoke(Activity workflow, IDictionary`2 inputs)
   at Symphony.Extensions.SyForms.CustomButton.InvokeWorkflow(CustomForm form) in C:\Users\thecroche\OneDrive - Symphony Ventures Ltd\DEV\CustomDialogActivity3\SyForms\CustomControls\CustomButton.vb:line 52
   at Symphony.Extensions.SyForms.CustomButton.CustomButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\thecroche\OneDrive - Symphony Ventures Ltd\DEV\CustomDialogActivity3\SyForms\CustomControls\CustomButton.vb:line 60
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It seems like it’s still trying to interact with the form, but after I call the additional workflow I would prefer the form to just exit, however this is not the case as it remains on the screen. Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks,
Zach

Hi Florent,

I am working with syforms, Is this work with Uipath enterprise edition?..

Regards,
Kishore

Hi florent,
I am working on Syform and struck in a scenario.
If checkbox is checked then a textbox needs to be appear below that and if checkbox is unchecked then no textbox will appear below it to pass the data.
how can we enable this functionality in syform design/control.
Please help.

Regards
Somya

Hi @somya177,

As of now this is not possible, i will have a look on implementing it.

Thanks for reaching out

Cheers

thanks Florent.

There is yet another issue i’m facing while using Syform thatafter giving formfilepath which I give as “new.json” when I click on design button this pops up:
Capture

Could you try delete and add again the activity and refilling arguments?
could you share your workflow in case you would be still stuck? (here or mp)

Hey florent…I reinstalled the package and then it worked…
Thanks

1 Like

How can I pass data from workflow to be input box preddefined? I tried to set Ctype(FormControls(“InputData”),TextBox).DataSource but it does not work.

Hi, I have a problem with the Submit button does not close the Form , but when I click X button on the form it will perform other task. Can anyone help me on this ?

1 Like