Standalone option -UiPath

Hi guyz, Is anybody have idea that how we can run uipath studio process without connecting to orchestrator?
As i installed the uipath community edition but i am not getting the option of Standalone option ?

I want to start uipath studio without making connection to uipath orchestrator.

Please help

Thank you in Advance.

1 Like

Hey @Anjali_Rani

Use Add License Key option.

Thanks
#nK

From where i get License key? I have community edition installed.

Hi,

Unfortunately, it seems the latest CE(22.4.0) doesn’t have standalone option. Probably we have to connect with Orchestrator on Automation cloud with Interactive Sign-in or Machin key.

Regards,

If its latest community edition , it doesn’t provide u standalone option @Anjali_Rani

So, it means we can not run uipath studio offline i.e without making connection to orchestrator?

So, basically we need orchestrator connection to run uipath studio? But i have one another Uipath Studio on different machine

this is also 22.4, but here i am able to run offline

but on my first machine uipath stdio version is also 22.4

the only differencr i can notice :–

per-user installation - on which offline uipath studio is working
userimode installation - on which offline uipath studio is not working

but i don’t have any clear understanding .

@Anjali_Rani Try this

Hi,

If we have activated license so-called offline in previous version, there is license file at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal, and we can use it until its expired date. We can know the date using UiPath.LicenseTool.exe with info option in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio

So, if we remove (or move to somewhere for able to restore later) the internal license file, we cannot choose standalone (offline) activation when launch Studio.

Regards,

Hi Yoichi, Thank you.
Actually when i checked my orchestrator it is showing

and thes folder “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal” is empty

can you help me to understand this, why this is empty…

And also can we use one license key in multiple systems ?
Even this folder is not present %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio"

Hi,

License file under %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal is not for orchestrator but for standalone. So if your robot connect with OC, it’s normal even if the folder is empty.

Even this folder is not present %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio

Did you install your Studio with quick setup (community edition) or custom (Attanded, Unattended or Developer)?
If latter, it will be c:\Program files\UiPath\Studio.

Regards,

Hi yochi,I setup through QUICK SETUP but what to do if I want to install UiPath studio with internal license not orchestrator one.
Please help.
I need internal license uipath setup.

Hi,

As I mentioned in previous post, it seems difficult to install studio as CE standalone license using the latest 22.4.0 installer. If you have older version installer, it might be able to achieve it.

Regards,

1 Like

Okay. Thank you.

Hi Yochi, Thankyou. It worked, By luck,I had older installer and through that i am able to install Uipath from standalone option. After installation, it upgraded itself automatically in newer version but anyhow that standalone option is retained and UiPath is working offline. :slight_smile:
Now i have a clear picture i.e. Why standalone option was not there and Now, why it is there :smiley:

Thank you so much.
Happy Automation!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

This is an intended change and we want to simplify the licensing steps. Since you can only get the full value of UiPath Platform by connecting Studio to Orchestrator (in Community Automation Cloud) we want all our Community users to benefit from the latest products and features.

The workaround posted in here will stop working in a future version so I suggest you to accommodate Orchestrator connectivity in your setup.

Please let us know how/why do you need an offline activation/installation.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.