Source: Excel Application Scope Message: Office has detected a problem with this file. To help protect your computer this file cannot be opened

Hello All,

I am trying to do a Data Table demo example from the “Excel and Data Table” topic Video Demo - Working with Excel files 2 from UiPath Academy. However, when I am running my automation. I am trying to read .xls file in Excel Application Scope. Then I am getting UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: Office has detected a problem with this file. To help protect your computer this file cannot be opened.

Attached the error details. It seems office issue but can’t figure out a solution for it.
If anyone knows the solution please let me know.
Thank you in advance.

Hi @ayasha555shaikh !
Are you able to open this specific file manually ? Does it get you the same error ?

Hi @Hiba_B , yes when file opened manually then also getting same error. From internet I had tried some setting in File-Options-Trust Center setting but still getting same error.

Ok so that’s why UiPath Studio is not able to open the file.
Are you able to create the file manually and complete manually the data ? I think that the file you downloaded is corrupted

I didn’t checked. Will try manually and then check thank you

1 Like

Hello,

We encountered the similar Problem & we found a solution for this.

Solution : Add Robot Download location to Trusted Location (In (Excel) File > Options> Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Locations).

Hope this helps !!

Regards,
Rohith

1 Like