So, I’m having issues with the sending Outlook email part. I receive this error message "…An error occurred while trying to initialize the Outlook session. Make sure Outlook is installed on your system’

Hi! Need some help, please :slight_smile:

So, I’m having issues with the sending Outlook email part. I receive this error message "…An error occurred while trying to initialize the Outlook session. Make sure Outlook is installed on your system’.

Outlook is installed and working fine, the ‘Use Outlook Account’ resource is set outside the Use Excel Scope.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

I’m having the same issue. Did you find a solution for this yet? Could someone from UIPath help us with this please?

I want to clarify: I’m not 100% sure if Outlook is installed on my computer. My computer runs on Windows 10 and I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed on it. But when I search “Outlook” I don’t get the app as a search result. I do however have an app Mail installed (I think pre-installed on all Windows 10 computers) and that is for my Hotmail-account. I think this Mail app could be the same as Outlook, but not recognized as that by UIPath? I don’t really know for sure. Just searching for a solution for this. I tried to download Outlook separately but that seems not possible.

Apparently Outlook isn’t a part of Microsoft Office 2013 and if I want to download it it costs 159 euro… I can use Outlook via the browser but can not download it and probably the app needs to be installed on your computer to be able to run the UIPath exercises. So if you haven’t Outlook installed on your computer you’re screwed if you want to make the UIPath course exercises?

Hi, Jerros!
I had to reinstall Outlook (first I had Outlook 2007, then upgraded to 2016 and it worked).

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.