Send Outlook Mail Message about BE: Could not connect to Outlook. Please try to run both programs as Administrator ( or not as Administrator). If the error persists this might be due an corrupt Office installation. Please repair Office installation

Hello,
I reinstalled Windows on my machine and when I tried to send an email through the Outlook activity, I get this error:

Could not connect to Outlook. Please try to run both programs as Administrator ( or not as Administrator).
If the error persists this might be due an corrupt Office installation. Please repair Office installation.

Its a fresh Windows Installation and everything is working fine. I really don’t know what to do.

Windows vers. : Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Outlook vers. : Microsoft® Outlook® 2016 64-bit MSO (16.0.14326.20324)
Office vers. : Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016

Hi @DannyVelkov ,

have you configured Office/Outlook after you reinstalled Windows?

BR,
Mike

Hey Mike,

Try to logout and login on outlook application and if the issue didn’t solved then try to reinstall MS office.

Yes, I’m logged in and sending emails. It’s just that UiPath thinks the installation is corrupt for some reason.

Does any other Outlook activity (e.g. Get Mails, Reply) work?
Maybe try reinstalling the Package in the UiPath Package manager. Or try using the newest version/previous version (depending on what you are using right now).

The problem was that there was another Office Installation that a colleague installed to support old excel files. After uninstalling it, the activity worked perfectly

1 Like

Just my opinion but Send SMTP Mail Message is much more reliable, easier to use, more flexible, and doesn’t have any overhead from needing Outlook installed.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.