Smtp forward and reply

hello, before this I’m using get outlook email from computer but when I try to change to SMTP, and put the email & password it turns out to be error. The SMTP server has unexpectedly disconnected or the error become null. So, I’m really not sure how to use it. Can someone help me?

From the
Get IMAP Email Message (output: mailcollection in variable of List ) am my need to change to mailmessage to send the email? thank you.

1 Like

You are trying to retrieve mails from outlook using SMTP? @f39b242a4f84ba555bd3

can you post the smtp server and port you are giving?

I try to retrieve mails from outlook by using SMTP and then filter to folder in IMAP mail message, and send to assign user.

{
“message”: “By sending a new email with the same Ticket Number (Reply): An error occured while trying to initialize the Outlook session.\r\nMake sure Outlook is installed on your system!”,
“level”: “Error”,
“logType”: “Default”,
“timeStamp”: “15:06:09”,
“processVersion”: “1.0.0”,
“jobId”: “a9a24b4f-cb78-4560-aca3-0dd74edf3262”,
“robotName”: “robotname”,
“machineId”: 0,
“fileName”: “1223344”
}

@f39b242a4f84ba555bd3 I think you are trying to send mail correct me if i am wrong for this if you have outlook on your machine than you can use Send Outlook Mail Message From Outlook activity

IN UiPath.Mail.Activities?

@f39b242a4f84ba555bd3 Yes look like as shown in below image.

can i ask a question? is it okay if we retrieve it by using SMTP and reply email by using outlook?

1 Like

Yah of course that would work either
cheers @f39b242a4f84ba555bd3

image this to be happened instead

1 Like

@f39b242a4f84ba555bd3 No SMTP is used only for sending mails.

Fine are we trying to send and receive mail from outlook using SMTP aid so kindly use get outlook mail activity and send outlook mail activity which is more feasible and compatible with outlook
Or we can use get exchange and send exchange mail activity as well
Cheers @f39b242a4f84ba555bd3

ive tried, but it doesnt operate. it does not reply the email back and also, i get the email through imap email message