Skip those not relevant process

Dear all,

I had built a workflow whereby Bot will download all the attachment in the browser (per search result).

As the result searching maybe varies, whereby some have four attachment , or some have 7 attachment. How i build it is i build seven click activity and tick the " continue on error button as per screenshot below.

Which mean if no save element found, the activity will continue. May i know if there is better way to build it ? As it seem like i need to wait for quite some time for the worfklow to finish running.

Is there anyway that how we can enhance it . I also put a lot of delay tools which may only applicable for certain process.

How i can ask Uipath to skip those process if certain search result not applicable instead of keep waiting for bot to run the full process.

Many thanks

Hi @SH_94 ,

If your search results are dynamic then don’t do like adding 7 or 4 clicks.

On your result page see how the attachments listed. Analyze the page first.There might some dynamic ids. Implement dynamic workflow to download the attachments though it is 4 or 7 attachments.

Is it possible to share the url or result page? It would be help to give exact solution.

1 Like

Dear @manjula_rajendran ,

As the url need to have access to enter, hence, i would not able to share it. The screenshot below is the result page whereby i need to click for each button. Previously i use anchor base , it seem like result no good.

So how i did is , i detect the UI element by row (selecting row number as part of the criteria - hardcoded). It run successfully.

Do you have any idea how i can built more dynamic workflow that able to detect each row for the save button?

Thank you.

Hi @SH_94 ,

I would suggest, Do data scrape the search result and keep it in one datatable.

Get the total rows counts by datatable.Rows.count.

Then open do-while loop and add counter and check if Count <= datatable.Rows.count.

Where you ar hard coded the row number you can replace with count.

By doing this it will be dynamic always. If it is 1 0r 10 rows doesn’t matter it will bring all the days.

1 Like

In addition:
If you can get the download URL in the datatable (from scraping), or maybe the selector for the download button, you could just do For Each Row and add your actions directly.

1 Like

Hi @Jeroen ,

I try to use the scraping tool before and no url was founds.

For the each row, i don’t how to ask Uipath to detect all the rows . which mean the UI element properties.Cz it always fail at certain stage. Do you have any idea?

Use Data Scarping for get all the rows.

May i know if we use the data scrape will able to detect dynamically for each variable result.which mean if there are eight row appear in the search result, they will able to detect it. And if only 4 row appear, they will detect all four.

Hi @SH_94 ,

Yes, Data scraping will fetch all the rows. When you develop the workflow for doing the data scrape consider more than 2 rows result. Then scrape first element from first row and second element from second row. You can scrape for all the columns.

Try to get the URL from tools columns.

Hi @manjula_rajendran ,

Would like to ask about the data scraping. My data scraped table have 12 row in total. But in the Ui elector properties, there are table row until 17.

May i know is it data scraped table only extract those visible row?

Thank you.

Hi @SH_94 ,

Is all the rows is on same page or next page?

All is under one page. For example, in the scrap table, it only have 12 row as per screenshot below.

But in the selector UI properties, it show as below:

Reason being is the scrapped data does not capture the empty row. Based on the analysis, the structure look like one row data and following by empty row and row data again and following by empty row again and repeated the pattern for each row data. But the scraped data only extract those row data without considering the empty row.

Hi @SH_94 ,

If it leaving blank rows then when you take the row count just add 1 to the current row. Like that you can match data. Try it once

Hi @manjula_rajendran ,

Could you screenshot to me on how to build this part?

Thank you

Hi @SH_94 ,

Sure, will make a sample workflow for you.

Tell me first row will be blank or second row?

HI @manjula_rajendran ,

Below is the screenshot of the preview data:

Whereby actually u can see there is no gap empty row in between each row that consist data.

Basically the first row i need to ask UIpath to read is row number 5. then row number 6 should be empty row and row number 7 got data

Many thanks in advance

Hi @SH_94 ,

Your scraping looks you took the complete table. When you do data scrape it always ask you want complete table “yes” or “No”. You have chosen Yes it looks.

From the above screenshot it show the actual rows starts from row 5. So you can built the flow as follwos:

1. Initialize the Count variable with value 5.
  2. Hope you have saved your scraped data into datatable. Default it will ExractedDataTable you can customize if you want
  3. open For each data row loop
  4. Do your click activity by passing the row id as count
  5. Increment the count by 1. Count = Count +1

Another way of doing is , when you do datascrape when it asks for Get full table click no and scrape the data row by row. And give the proper column name. Try this method and see how many rows you are getting and is there any blank.

Hi @manjula_rajendran ,

May i know do i still need to perform the following ?

The first one i used the formula : Extracttable.Rows.Count
and the second one i follow the youtube step. Can i straightway go to the assign count = 5?

Thank you.

Hi @SH_94 ,

If you are very sure all the time your data is starting from row 5 then you can set it.

Hi @manjula_rajendran ,

May i know how can i perform the step 4 ?

Thank you.