SharePoint

For upload file to SharePoint you need:

1. Local path - “C:\YourFile.txt”
  2. SharePoint site - “http://yoursite.com/sites/Research/
  3. Document Library Name - “Documents”
  4. The path to file in SharePoint - “your folder name/your folder name/your folder name”
  5. User Name - “example@yoursite.com
  6. User Password - secure string.

For download file from SharePoint you need:

1. Local path - "C:\user\userName\Documents"
  2. SharePoint site - “http://yoursite.com/sites/Research/
  3. The path to file in SharePoint - “/sites/Research/Your folder name/Your folder name/Your folder name/YourFile.txt”
  4. User Name - “example@yoursite.com
  5. User Password - “Secure String”.

Package: SharePoint
Author: @Vitalii

9 Likes

I think it would be more helpful if you matched the values in your example to the Input variables of the activity. For example:

LibraryName (Sharepoint Library Name) -
LocalPath (Local file Path) -
PathToFolder (I’m assuming this is Sharepont Path?) -

This would make it much better to see/understand the correlation.

This is a helpful activity.

Thanks

In the version 1.0.2 I attached a link to a more detailed description

Thank you very much

Hello, I did a test on the Sharepoint Download activity by trying to perform a download and there was no error and no result as shown in the screenshot. Do you know what the issue may be?

Hello! Try to change your path like this /Shared Documents/ without %20

I did that with the same result. No error and no file download

Hi Rodney. If you look on my document you will see what

my example ends end "", I think your file you can find on the disk D:\ with the name “SPDownloadeula.1028.txt”.
Best regards Vitalii.

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Yes, you are correct. I was missing the backslash on the local path. Thanks.

Hello. And sorry to keep bugging you but now I’m having an issue with doing the upload. Your instructions are still a little confusing.

I’m using the same info/file that I did in the download example I showed earlier. I now have a document sitting at D:\SPDownload\eula.1028.txt and I am trying to upload it to the Upload document library on the same Sharepoint site where I performed the download. The only difference is a different document library. Your upload instructions say that the “Path To Folder” is the path to your folder in the Sharpoint and the example you give is (Your folder/Your folder/Your folder name), this path you need to get after root folder name (Library Name)!

My library name is Upload. There is no path after this root library name. I’ve tried “Upload”, “/Upload/”, “Upload/Forms/”, “/Upload/Forms/”, “/sites/RPA_Finance/Upload/”, etc.

The current upload directory is found at https://.com/sites/RPA_Finance/Upload (or https://.com/sites/RPA_Finance/Upload/Forms/AllItems.aspx) and the document libraries name is “Upload”. Based on this, what should the PathToFolder value be?

Thanks

Hi! Try set PathToFolder - empty like this “”

I also tried that before and it didn’t work, I just didn’t add it to the list of things I tried. :slight_smile: I even tried putting “/” just in case it needed a backslash. I have tried again with just “” in the PathToFolder and you can see the result below

I really appreciate your quick replies to this. I’m currently working on a project where I can really use this activity.

Hi. Try to create a new folder for example Report in the folder Upload and then set the pathToFolder “Report” if it didn’t work then you need to check your URL Path or something else.

Hi. Yes it my bug I fixe it later

Hi Rodney! I fixed and update new version.

If somebody want to upload the file to the library, only what you need it leave the field “pathToFolder” empty.

It works now. Thanks again for all your hard work on this. It is GREATLY appreciated.:smiley:

New Link to file for version 1.0.4

Thanks Vitalii for creating this feature. I am getting the below error while using “SharePoint Session” activity.
Share point session Executing
Share point session Faulted
Share point session : Value does not fall within the expected range.
Do you know why I am getting it?

Main Executing
Flowchart Executing
Convert from string to secure string Executing
Convert from string to secure string Closed
Share point session Executing
Share point session Faulted
Share point session : Value does not fall within the expected range.
Flowchart Faulted
Main Faulted