Set Credential question

We are thinking about building password changes into our bots so that we do not have the issue of bots failing due to expiring passwords. Our client is on a dual orchestrator system, one for Dev/QA and the other for prod. When using the set credentials function in Studio, is the file path what we use to determine the location of the correct orchestrator? Otherwise, how does the bot know which orchestrator asset to update?
Appreciate the help.

As far as I know the bot can only be connected to one Orchestration at a time. So it will update the Asset on the Orchestration which it is connected to.
Is the Assets named the same on Prod and Dev?

If you want to use the regular Set Asset activity then the robot will update the asset were it is connected. You also could use the Orchestrator API to “force” the asset update to the orchestrator server or tenant that you want.

1 Like

To address both questions

1. As mentioned above, which Orchestrator instance is determined by the one your UiRobot is connected to and you can only be connected to one at a time.

2. FolderPath determines the folder that will be used when fetching assets, queues, etc from Orchestrator.

This snippet is taken from the Set Asset activity, but you’ll find it documented in any activity that has the FolderPath property.

FolderPath - The path of the folder where the asset is located, if different from the folder where the process is running. This field only supports string values, with / as the separator to indicate subfolders. For example "Finance/Accounts Payable" .

Note:

The FolderPath parameter does not work for processes executed by robots in classic folders. Only robots in modern folders have the ability to pass data outside of their folder.

Activities - Set Asset

Modern Folders are used for Attended Robots (Attended / Studio) and require that you use UiPath.System.Activities >=19.9 (according to the UiPath Orchestrator 19.10 when creating a new process, The Using Modern Folders documentation indicates >=19.10.1)

I can’t seem to find the documentation that stated it. But I believe if you do not specify the FolderPath property, it will look in the folder where the currently running process is defined, if the asset or entry is not found it will look at the global level.

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/docs/about-folders