Send Outlook Mail From Shared Mailbox Sent Mails folder

I have a challenge sending mails. I need to send mails from a shared mailbox and the sent mails must end up in the “sent items” of the shared mailbox.

Example: My Account = rpa@XXX.nl and shared account is $noreplayRPA@XXXX.nl
afbeelding

On my server I have outlook 2016 installed with the default account linked to the shared mailbox.

The “Send SMTP Mailmessage” has the ability to send mails from shared mailbox but will not display sent messages. Therefore I have first tried “Send Exchange mail message”, however I am unable to use this activity because of authorization issues which cannot be solved due to the client policy.

Second, I have tried the “Send Outlook Mailmessage” activity. Leaving input field “Account” empty, I am able to send mails on behalf of “the shared mailbox”. In this way, the sent mail will end up in my own mailbox and not in the outbox of the shared mailbox.

When I put the same input for the “SentOnBehalfOfName” in the “Account” field I get an error saying “Account not found”.popup afbeelding .
I am not getting an error if I put the account in the Input Account field of the “Get Outlook Mail Messages” or “Move Outlook Mail Message” activity.

I am using Uipath.Mail.Activities 1.3.0 and UiPath 2018.4.4.

Is someone able to help me?

Hi @wouter_pigge

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

It looks like you are using the Enterprise edition which means you can always contact our technical support for direct assistance here:

I am also facing similar issue, where the mails are sent by the shared mailbox but it is stored in the Sent items of the main ID. Please let me know if you are able to resolve this issue.

You got any solution for this ?

We have configured outlook to copy the sent items from the Main ID to the Sent items of the Shared mailbox

1 Like