Stuck trying to send email from another account

Hi all,

I cannot get outlook to send an email from another account using the outlook send email activity. Normally in outlook I would simply click the “from” dropdown box and select the correct email address to send from (as I have both my personal email, as well as the team email). However, I can’t get it to work property in UIPath.

I’ve tried any number of combinations in the input fields in the activity - with no luck. Any suggestions at all please?

Hi @adam.williamson,

You have to give the e-mail account in the Account property enclosed within a “” (eg., abc@outlook.com), if you want to send from a different account that is not your default account.

I’ve tried and it never seems to work.
If my personal email is adam@outlook.com, and the team’s email is team@outlook.com, no combination of either seems to work in either box. Whenever I check my drafts folder (as I have it set to save in drafts rather than send straight away), it always shows as being from my personal account…

@adam.williamson - Please clarify below doubts buddy;

1. Do you want to send a mail from one of your mail IDs on behalf of other ID? Like this :point_down:t5:

1. Is the From address (personal/team) which you want to send is default in your outlook account?
  1. No, when I send an email from the ‘team’ email it doesn’t show the “on behalf of” when sending the message, it simply shows as it is came from the team account (team@outlook.com).
  2. My personal account if the default in Outlook.

Did we find a solution to it?