Send Hotkey Issue

Hi,
I am using the Enterprise Edition of Studio 2018.2.3 and currently facing issues with the send hotkey activity.
It did not happen earlier and now for example if I want to do a ctrl + shift +l to apply filters on an excel file in the excel application scope , the workflow runs end to end and nothing happens but the ctrl or the shift key is kept pressed on.

I tried both Type Into - “[d(ctrl)][d(shift)]l[u(ctrl)][u(shift)]”
and the send hotkey activity.

Also sometimes an error is displayed:

Send Hotkey exception has thrown an exception

Message: The target Element was not specified for this activity. You should set its Target property or use this activity inside of a scope activity (Attach Browser, Open Browser, Open Application, Attach Window, Get Active Window, Element Scope activities).

Source: Type into

Exception Type: ElementNotSetException

This is occurring recently and as per my knowledge it did not occur when I used [v2018.1] and even [v2018.2].

It would be great if anyone has knowledge on this issue and on any way around the issue.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Sayan

Use this selector for hotkey

wnd app=‘excel.exe’ cls=‘XLMAIN’ title=’*’ />
wnd idx=‘36’ />
use the <
Thanks
Ashwin S

Hi Ashwin

Thank you for your reply but an error has occurred when I used the selector you suggested:

"
"

Source: System.Xml

Message: Unable to cast object of type ‘Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue’ to type ‘System.String’.

Exception Type: InvalidCastException

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type ‘Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue’ to type ‘System.String’.

Also, we never had to add selectors for hotkeys right until we are specifying the screen on which the hotkey has to be passed? Please let me know if I am wrong.

hi @Sayan

Have you used the selector inside hot key activity

Thanks
Ashwin S

Hi @AshwinS2

Yes I did.

Thanks

Bro Don’t try with selectors, I have done this way:-
Give delay of 3 to 5 sec after opening excel and then give a click inside the excel in between to activate. Then your hotkeys will work for sure…
***suppose on the cell A1 you are giving the filter then after click send ctrl+home…then apply cntrl+shift+L

Regards
Rahul