Selectors quiz

Please share links that I can learn about selectors. Links for a newbie as I am really struggling to understand how to fine tune them.
What’s the solution for this please?
Thanks in advance!

D will be the answer for 15 of any year and month

1 Like

Although it’s a poor way to solve the problem, I believe the answer would be C. C will match anything where the day is 15, the Month is anything (*), and the year starts with 20 (20??).

Definitely not the way I’d do it, though. Who writes these questions? Technically, none of them will “click the 15th day of the current month”

1 Like

By the way, FWIW the correct way to do the selector to click the 15th day of the current month is…

<wnd app='applicationframehost.exe' title='Month View - Calendar'/>
<uia cls='Day' Name='15 '" + Now.ToString("MMMM yyyy") + "'" />
1 Like

Hi @Latifa

Option C is the correct one.

In the months place there is a wild card then it can take any month weather it is January, March or any month and in the year 20?? the ? will indicate there is two values weather it is 23,24 or anything.

Option A is not the correct they had mentioned the static month and year.
Option B is not the correct In that month place they had given 5 question marks, it will take there is only 5 character word months like March, April. If it is January or February it fails.
Option D is not the Correct In the month and year place there is a wild card if we give anything it will take blindly, so not recommended.

Finally the C is the Correct one.

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

@Latifa

C would be the closest answer possible…

As it validates the ending year as well

cheers

1 Like

Both C and D will work, although I agree with Paul on his statement that you should choose none of the proposed selectors. :slight_smile:
C would be more accurate, but only if your bot stays within this century. This is how Y2K problems are made :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.