Scrolling till a specific text

How can I automate a continuous scrolling of my particular application till I see the specific text that I looking for? This text is a variable that changes and is not fixed.

Hi @WilfredNg

Use Mouse Scroll activity

Regards,

Hi @WilfredNg

You can use the ‘Mouse Scroll’ activity to achieve this. But there are only 2 options available i.e., To Distance & To Element. You can indicate the target element (or provide the target element metadata) & scroll to the desired point.

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

its can be done in several ways,
if you can get text for all fields in the screen in one shot, then you can check if your specific text is in it or not.
if not, you can use find children activity and for looping in each dev to check if contains your text.

Hi my target is a string variable that i’ve stored in my DataTable. How can i indicate the target element in this case? The ‘Mouse Scroll’ Activity seems to not work for my application. It will hover my mouse in the middle of the application and attempt to activate mouse scroll, however, the scrollable portion is on the left side of the application. How can i shift the default mouse position of the mouse scroll?

How can i accomplish this? Which particular activity should i use? I tried using OCR Text Exist but it does not seem to work

The ‘Mouse Scroll’ Activity seems to not work for my application. It will hover my mouse in the middle of the application and attempt to activate mouse scroll, however, the scrollable portion is on the left side of the application. How can i shift the default mouse position of the mouse scroll?

you can use send hotkey with key down instead of scroll mouse

May i know what activity do i need to use for this?

@WilfredNg you can use this one
send hotkey activity

Hi @WilfredNg

Please try using the below activity

Hope it works !!

Thank you guys for the help. But how can I detect the text and click on it? The text is a string variable

you can use click activity with dynamic selector that contains your text in aaname or in innertext
and give it simulateClick Properety

@WilfredNg

Are you are able to move till the specific text?

If yes then use the click activity and pass the variable in that activity by using the UI Explorer so that it helps in clicking the particular text.

Regards

Hi I’m not too sure what were i should pass the variable within the click activity

I’m currently testing it out with a manual input number

@WilfredNg

There will be an indicate on screen option while opening the click activity and then you can see that the strict selector gets highlighted once you indicate the element and then you can change the selectors by passing the variable in that strict selector.

Regards

This application is a proprietary application and it seems like UiPath can only use computer vision for the targeting method. It is not accurate…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.