Runtimes

Hi guys,
I am using a sample use case to learn UiPath. I am faithfully following the steps and all has been well until I got here…see the screenshot below.
What are runtimes and where/how do I get them?

1 Like

Hi @J_Crosby

Go to Tenant in orchestrator=> Click on Machines=> Click on Edit Machine by clicking the three dots on right side=> Under Production(Unattended) make it as 1

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

@Parvathy I did that.
Should I expect it to reflect on the other side where it reads “No runtimes available”.
I have realized that on my workspace I have 0 processes with 2 machines and on my shared I have 1 process with 0 machines.
Are these related in any way?I am operating from shared in my studio.

1 Like

The runtime represents the maximum number of robots that can simultaneously run on a specific machine and it is manually customizable.

Runtimes are licenses related to robot use - in this case, robot refers to the entity that executes an automation.

They are used for executing unattended processesand are meant to be assigned to machine objects - either a standard machine or a machine template.

The number of runtimes assigned to a machine object represents the execution capacity for running automations on each host machine that is attached to that machine object concurrently. For example, with one runtime, only one automation can be executed at a time. With 5 runtimes, up to 5 automations can be executed at the same time on the same host machine.

Know the complete details about the runtime here in this page

Cheers @J_Crosby

1 Like

To answer them one by one

Should I expect it to reflect on the other side where it reads “No runtimes available”?

Yes, you should expect the number of runtimes that you purchase to reflect on the other side where it reads “No runtimes available”.

Are these related in any way?

Yes, the number of runtimes that you have and the number of machines that you have are related. You need one runtime for each robot that is running on a machine.

I am operating from shared in my studio. What is the implication?

If you are operating from shared in your Studio, then you are using the runtimes that are allocated to your shared workspace. You can view the number of runtimes that are allocated to your shared workspace by going to the Orchestrator tab in Studio and clicking on the Machines tab.

If you do not have enough runtimes in your shared workspace, then you will not be able to run robots on your machines. To resolve this issue, you can either purchase more runtimes for your shared workspace or move your robots to a workspace that has more runtimes available.

Cheers @J_Crosby

1 Like

@Palaniyappan thanks a lot.
The last bit answers my question.
I have enough runtimes on the workspace. So how do I move my robot from shared to the workspace?Please unstuck me.

1 Like

To move your robot from shared to the workspace, you can follow these steps:

1. Open UiPath Studio.
  2. Go to the Orchestrator tab.
  3. Click on the Robots tab.
  4. Select the robot that you want to move.
  5. Click on the Move button.
  6. Select the workspace that you want to move the robot to.
  7. Click on the Move button.

The robot will be moved to the selected workspace. You can now run the robot on the machines that are allocated to the selected workspace.

Check this out for more insights

Cheers @J_Crosby

@Palaniyappan managed to do that,thank you.
Now this is the message I am getting when I click “Start”? What am I still missing?

This error indicates that you are trying to run a foreground job on a user account that does not have an unattended robot defined.

To resolve this error, you can either:

• Define an unattended robot on the user account that is trying to run the foreground job.
    Or
  • Change the job type to background.

To define an unattended robot on a user account, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the Orchestrator tab in UiPath Studio.
  2. Click on the Robots tab.
  3. Click on the Add button.
  4. Select the Unattended Robot option.
  5. Enter the name and description of the robot.
  6. Select the machine or machine template that the robot will run on.
  7. Click on the Add button.

Once you have defined an unattended robot on the user account, you will be able to run foreground jobs on that user account.

@J_Crosby

Hi @J_Crosby ,

Have you checked by configuring your user id with the Unattended Run enablement :
Orchestrator->Tenant->Manage Access->Assign Roles->[Select User ID]

Under assign roles,what am I supposed to edit and not to edit to enable it?
There are:

1. General details
    2.Personal automation set up
    3.Unattended set up
    4.Robot settings

I have tried on my own with no success :cry:

@J_Crosby ,

Is it not possible for you to Edit the users role ? (Clicking the 3 dots and Select Edit)

@supermanPunch ooh yes,I just landed there…

I just click update and I will be done or?

@supermanPunch I just landed in another trouble

Any idea why?

@J_Crosby ,

As already pointed out in my Previous Screenshot, we can select specific Windows User Account and then you would require to enter the Machine/Robot/User account credentials.

Check below Documentation on how to retrieve the values for each one :
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/configuring-robot-accounts-to-run-unattended-automation

Thanks a lot @supermanPunch .
Looks like there is a lot for me to read on this and I better do it first.
Thanks a lot for your time and support. I am very grateful

1 Like

@Palaniyappan and @supermanPunch thanks guys for your insights.
I read widely and succeeded :raised_hands:

1 Like

Cool @J_Crosby

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.