Runtime / Licenses Math

Hi all,

I understand the basic of Runtime / licenses and Machine Templates.
In the midst of trying to put the two and two together, could someone break this down for me in a digestible way?

My understanding is if there is only 3 runtime / licenses, mean it means that there should only be 3 max foregrounds processes (since it mentions 3 machines whereby one max for each machine) - this i understand.

However, how come it can run up to 5 background processes if there is only 3 runtime/licenses? Shouldn’t the max background processes run is 3 also?

Also a quick follow up question,

Isn’t the answer for this both unattended and attended?
I thought to run automations for (unattended) robots require that you give them a role before hand? Like in the below?
Or am i not understanding the question correctly

I completed agree here. These are wrong. If you assign a robot to a folder without the robot role then I don’t think they will be able to run a job…

Regarding the first one. Its not a far question cause it absolutely can be limited to 3 jobs irrespective of the foreground or background type as you can set robots to only run one job at a time.

I also don’t know where the number 5 is coming from.

Can you share what learning path that is on, it might need updating?

1 Like

Hi Jon,

Appreciate the above replies.
Yeah some of these questions are quite confusing imo.

As to where I got the questions from is from the following link - specifically the quiz part or “Check your Knowledge”.

Say if indeed the answers to some of these questions are wrong is there a pic from the academy to clarify / escalate this to?

Cheers Jon