Running UiPath process in a disconnected RDP

Hello,

We have UiPath Studio 2020.10.4 installed with Enterprise license. So we dont have Orchestrator access. The aim is to run the process while not connected/logged in to the RDP session, what am i missing?

I can run the process without issues by using

1. UiPath Studio

2. UiPath Robot tray

3. Clicking on sample.bat file

4. Running from Windows Task Scheduler while i am logged in to the RDP session (Run only when user is logged on is checked)

5. a) After the process is started and in that time i’m logged in to the RDP session if i close the RDP session the robot stops working
    b) If i am not logged in to the RDP session the process does not start at all (eventhough Run whether user is logged on or not is checked)

I have searched and read many topics, this is what i have done so far:

*Logon as batch job policy is set for the user that is going to run the process
HKSMETALS\yellowatom user is added
*Added a generic windows credential for the user
UiPath:user=hksmetals.eu\yellowatom
User name: hksmetals.eu\yellowatom
Password: Password
*Created a bat file with command
“C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe” -file “C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages\HKS_OpenstaandePosten.1.0.6.nupkg”
*Created a task in Windows Task Scheduler
3-TaskScheduler_General
On Actions tab start a program is selected pointing to the Sample.bat file.

@burak.cankur

For your scenario, unattended bot license is required and for unattended bot it is required to have a orchestrator

Without those I believe you have open the RDP on and logged in

Hope this may help you

Thanks

@Srini84 Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that will not help, we need to do this as unattanded.

Is there no other way to achieve without upgrading to Orchestrator? I know that its officially not supported but i saw posts that people were able to do this.

Is UiPath Robot Service installed/running on your machine?

Cheers

There is a service installed as UiPath RobotJS Service but the path and exe names are different.
Full path is “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Robot JS Add-on\UiPath.RobotJS.ServiceHost.exe” -displayname “UiPath RobotJS Service” -servicename “UiPath RobotJS Service” so i guess its not the same, not installed. How can i install the one you posted?

This is not the one you need.

Go to UiPath root and run
UiPath.Service.Host.exe install
UiPath.Service.Host.exe start

Cheers

Interesting there is no UiPath.Service.Host.exe in this installation.

There is only UiPath.RobotJS.ServiceHost.exe in Uipath studio root (“C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Robot JS Add-on\UiPath.RobotJS.ServiceHost.exe”)