RDP: Cannot bring the target application in foreground because the Windows session is locked

Hi,

I’am executing a process launched by the Orchestrator. The robot is on a server. I have defined the connection to the robot via RDP.

I need to disconnect the RDP session to maintain opened the Uipath Assistant. When the porcess is executed I have an error message (the title of the issue). Otherwwise, if I close the RDP connection, the Uipath Assitant is closed also and the process lanched by the Orchestrator doesn’t work.

Any suggestion…

Thanks.

Alberto.

Hi @aarenaza

If you are running the process with unattended license make sure that the UiPath.Service.Host.exe is in running state in your task manager

Check that in task manager->Details
If it is not in running state repair the UiPath and download it as service mode

Checkout this thread

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

Thank you very much, Sudharsan.

I see the only proccess running in this one: Uipath.Service.UserHost.exe.

But, a basic question, how can I reinstall the robot on the server and select the service mode?

Regards.

Alberto.

Hi @aarenaza

Check out the official documentation

Regards
Gokul

@aarenaza

Go to Control Panel-> Uninstall → UiPath

→ Change

After few second you will be directed to a window which consist of the option like this

You need to select this and continue

Regards
Sudharsan

Window like this will appear only if youare using enterprise version @aarenaza

Regards
Sudharsan

Thanks for all the information, Sudharsan, Gokul.

I’am not able to select the service mode, because when I want to change the installation of Studio, The window doesn’t appear.

I have an eterprise version, correctly licensed. I remenber that the first time I installed Studio, it was a Community version. But I uninstalled it to install the enterprise version.

Today, I’ve uninstalled Studio and I’ve installed again, but I can’t change from UserMode to ServiceMode.

Another idea?

Regards,

Alberto.

Someone has logged into the VM with the robot account and then just closed the RDP window without signing out.

Humans shouldn’t be logging in with the robot accounts. But if they do, they have to SIGN OUT from the start menu. You can’t just close the RDP window - it leaves the session open and locked.

1 Like

HI @aarenaza

Are you sure you installed enterprise type ?

What version are you using?

Regards
Sudharsan

Hi, Sudharsan.

The UiPath Enterprise version is 22.4.6 as shown in the image below. I think it is the correct installation.

Thanks,

Regards.
Alberto.

Thanks, Paul.

I have read that. But if I sign out, the Uipath Assitant is closed and the robot then disconnected.

Can I confugure the Uipath Assistant process to stay connected?

Regards.
Alberto.

This is irrelevant to unattended automations. You don’t even have to install Assistant on servers where unattended jobs will run. Assistant is just a UI interface for humans to run attended jobs.

For unattended, all that has to be installed is Robot(.exe) on the server. It connects to Orchestrator.

If it’s not staying connected when you log out then make sure you have installed it in service mode, not user mode.

What happens if you sign out from the server then try to start a Job in Orchestrator?

Thanks, Paul.

The real problem is that I can´t change the robot mode from user mode to service mode.

I’ve tried to change the installation of UiPAth Studio but I don´t see the window to select the Robot Installation type.

Any suggestion?

Regards.
Alberto.

Hi, @Sudharsan_Ka , @Gokul001 , @postwick

Thanks for all the information you’ve provided me.

Finally I’ve reinstalled UiPath Studio as Custom and I’ve had the possibility to select the robot installation type (service mode).

Now the process is executed correctly by an unattended robot as expected.

Regards,
Alberto.

1 Like

FYI you don’t need to install Studio. The only thing that needs to be installed on a server that runs unattended jobs is Robot. But having Studio won’t hurt. Glad you got it fixed. The installer should give more info about what should be selected and why, IMO. “If you are installing on a server to run unintended jobs, select service mode” for example.

Hi, Paul.

Thanks for the information.

Regards.
Alberto.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.