Run process by minimizing the RDP session

Hi All,

We have license for unattended robot. I have created a simple process which does screen scrapping from the browser and then updates the excel file. I am testing this process by minimizing the RDP session.

We are using a VM to run this process. When i minimize the RDP session, robot times out doing any browser activities.

I read in many of the topics that if we have licensed Unattended robot, this process should work when we minimize the RDP session. But for some reason it is not working.

Is there anyone experienced the same? Is there any settings that i am missing?

Regards,
Praveen

Hi,

I read in many of the topics that if we have licensed Unattended robot, this process should work when we minimize the RDP session. But for some reason it is not working.

It’s not relative with license (UR or AR) Can you check the following?

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Yoichi,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried this but still same result. As soon as i minimize RDP, robot cant find the browser controls and it fails.

Hi,

Which activities do you have an error at? Some activities requires target element is displayed.

Perhaps you should trigger process from orchestrator as it will work because it has screen of its own session. Are there any reason to trigger process directly via RDP session?

Regards,

Hi,

When i run from orchestrator using Login to Console True, it works fine.( I created a dummy process to test this.)

We have a use case where the user will have to start the process, because there are some inputs that user has to provide to proceed with the process.

Plan is to start the process by the user, provide the needed details and then allow the robot to finish the process. When the robot is doing this task, the user would like to minimize the RDP session so that they can continue with their other tasks.

Regards, Prav

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your plan.
If you need to run process under minimized RDP, you need to make workflow only using activities that can work in background such as SimulateClick/Type etc.

Other possible solutions include:

• Use argument and run from orchestrator

• Action Center

Regards,

Hi,

Do you have any documentation for the above? I can change everything and see if i can make it work.

I will take a look at Action Center as well.

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi,

I have been some changes to the activities and i am able to run most of the activities in the background.

Do you know if CV Screen Scope works in the backgroud? I am getting Timeout for that.

Regards,Prav

Hi,

Computer Vision uses image matching technology, so it won’t work in background.

If possible, can you try takescreen shot activity in minimized RDP session? Probably the result image is blank (or raise error) because there is no image.

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi,

Looks like we can use PiP option now. I tried it and its working.