Revampled Level 1 training Lesson 10 PDF - Can't select individual elements from sample PDF files

Hi just going through the revamped level 1 training Lesson 10 which is to do with extracting data from PDF files and am having a lot of difficulty generating the same results as I can’t select individual elements from the PDF’s. When I try the PDF file text gets highlighted as a block bigger than the single element Grand Total I’m getting Credit and Grand Total and both their values in one box rather than just the Grand Total label.
Here is the model answer given

PDF Examples.xaml (34.1 KB)

And here are the sample PDFs

Sample Invoice A.pdf (381.2 KB)
Sample Invoice B.pdf (365.4 KB)

At the start of the course you are told to adjust some preferences in Acrobat reader (use reading order in raw print stream) , which I did so I don’t think it’s that.

The problematic workflows are Get Text , Anchor Base

I’m using

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem using UiPath Studio 2018.2.3, Acrobat Reader DC 18.01.20055.27899 and the “Perfect Match.pdf” published by UiPath Academy.

The UiPath-Function shown in the tutorial-video seems to be broken, buggy or simply not compatible with current Acrobat Reader DC 18.01

I contacted UiPath Acadamy Support about this issue … waiting for response.

Thanks @B.Fehlau I know it was a while ago when I posted this but I didn’t get this resolved. Hopefully you will get a response. Good luck. Please post any solutions you get. All the best.

Have you heard a response from support? Unfortunately I spent hours on this before dropping in on the community.

I’m stuck with PDF Get Text on Lesson 10 too.
Using sample PDF I cannot extract data like the video tutorial.

I also faced the same issues like you guys. Same as @charliefik, am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open the pdf files. Tried all the available solutions given by others in other posts since yesterday but still not working. Just curious why some others can, we cannot…

It appears you have to get an earlier version than DC from what I found elsewhere. I haven’t had time to install and test but here is a link to prior versions.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/

Try put the zoom to real size, on the view tab → apply zoom,

it worked for me

Thanks Hugo, will give it a go. I’m actually doing the foundation training for 2018.3 so will get to it eventually.

It is now September 2020 and this issues is still not fixed. I wasted an hour trying to get this work and I am having exactly the same problems as stated above.

1 Like

Hi @Nigel_Barrett,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. The PDF Automation course is indeed outdated. Our plan is to revamp the course in the following months, to fully align it with the product capabilities, which have evolved a lot since the course has been developed.

We will announce when this will be available for all our audiences.

1 Like

Has this been addressed in any way, i need to use this for the company and there is still no solution i can find