Recommended browser?

Hi All. Is there a recommended browser for use with UIPath? I’ve been using Chrome, which works but has its share of issues (weird popups, printing is hard, etc). Thanks.

1 Like

There’s not a recommended browser, though IE seems the most compatible. I don’t believe this should be used for any long-term automation, however, since Microsoft is moving to support Edge moreso than Internet Explorer.

2 Likes

hi @steve3886
Uipath dosent says any recommended browser but it has compatible browses as below
IE
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Safari
Opera

But base on user experiance IE is better functioning and less errors , and if you wanna using Chrome will be the next also install the Chrome extension,

According to my perspective following sequence is better, showing descending order
IE>Google Chrome>Mozilla Firefox>Edge>Safari>Opera

2 Likes

IE works the best until you have to automate downloading of files. I recently switched to Edge, but it wouldn’t start at random. Microsoft says Edge is still in beta. I don’t want to use Chrome because that is my favorite browser and I don’t want my bots to kill my chrome browser whenever I run it during development. You know, how you must kill all instances of the browser you are using in the bot before running the bot?

1 Like

Right, fortunately I have a few PCs, so can use Chrome on one, and run the bot on another.