Question on hover menu bar

I have a hover menu bar and it will not respond on click activity. When the mouse touch items in menu bar, the dropdown items show.
I want RPA to automatically touch the items and select items in dropdown for me.

How can I do it in RPA?

1 Like

Use the Hover activity:

Fine
No worries
in this case we can use SEND HOT KEY activity with key as tab until it reaches the drop down field from where we are going to choose the value
—once after reaching there we can either use a type into activity and type in the value we want to be chosen only if it accepts the input on typing
—or if that doesn’t take typing input and only takes in the down arrow and choose the one we need then we need to use same send hot key activity with key as down and use as many as Send hot key activity until it reaches the term we need to be selected in the drop down

Hope this would help you
Cheers @Emily_Yip

@Palaniyappan

Thx
May I ask one more question.

If I know the url of the webpage. Do it have any method to just get the page by URL without clicking on the menu item?

yah of course we can use Navigate to activity or use open browser activity where we can mention the URL we want which will take us to the page with the url we have

Cheers @Emily_Yip

@Emily_Yip I had deeply studied all the comments for your help. However, most of the solutions I tried myself did not work. I propose to you a little technical way of handling this type of dropdowns which only appear upon hovering.

Please follow the steps below at your environment and let me know if it worked.

1. Select from the menu “Hover” activity

2. Indicate the element inside your browser

3. Create a variable for the Hover activity and name it like “selectedElement” and change the type to “UiPath.Core.UiElement”

4. Below the Hover select a Click Text activity

5. In the properties panel, give the variable in the Element box

6. Write the text you want to choose from the dropdown in the text box of Click Text activity

7. Drag a Close Tab activity at the end of the process

I hope this method will help a lot if not you… :grinning: